So I finally bought a trailer

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
Thanks. They were all hand loaded. That was a load of non running mowers I picked up and repaired/parted out.

Mike88se

Threads
Went back to the courthouse today to try my luck. I got a competent clerk this time. No problems getting it registered and getting a plate.
That only cost $10. Taxes and fees were $75 :rolleyes:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Went back to the courthouse today to try my luck. I got a competent clerk this time. No problems getting it registered and getting a plate.
That only cost $10. Taxes and fees were $75 :rolleyes:

I'm glad that it worked out for you. I hate to hear these stories so I'm happy to hear that you stuck with it and got it done right -- as opposed to caving in and paying huge fees that you didn't owe.

Incompetence by a government agency is worse that a private company's incompetence because your county government has a monopoly.

Mike88se

Threads
I'm glad that it worked out for you. I hate to hear these stories so I'm happy to hear that you stuck with it and got it done right -- as opposed to caving in and paying huge fees that you didn't owe.

Incompetence by a government agency is worse that a private company's incompetence because your county government has a monopoly.
Thanks. I think carscw mentioned going back and hoping for a better clerk. That's how it was. This lady knew what she was doing.
That standard presumptive value system the stated enacted really riles me. I'm sure people lied about the price they paid for used vehicles in order to pay less sales tax under the old system but now the state is doing pretty much the same thing by making you pay tax on book price when vehicles rarely sell for book price.
The fees I don't mind and fair taxes... gotta keep the roads and bridges in shape and all that.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks. I think carscw mentioned going back and hoping for a better clerk. That's how it was. This lady knew what she was doing.
That standard presumptive value system the stated enacted really riles me. I'm sure people lied about the price they paid for used vehicles in order to pay less sales tax under the old system but now the state is doing pretty much the same thing by making you pay tax on book price when vehicles rarely sell for book price.
The fees I don't mind and fair taxes... gotta keep the roads and bridges in shape and all that.

Have a stroll around here! Pot holes everywhere! This is the city that eats ball joints and wheels! No joke! So, enjoy your nice roads and your trailer!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a stroll around here! Pot holes everywhere! This is the city that eats ball joints and wheels! No joke! So, enjoy your nice roads and your trailer!

My wife's grandmother hit a pot hole and got a flat. Got a new tire and took the bill to the city. They fixed the pot hole and paid for her tire.

The city is responsible for any damage to your vehicle caused by any road hazard they could have prevented.

Threads
I am looking to sell my trailer, and get a new one with a wood floor that mesh stuff is good for hauling equipment but I need to haul mulch, soil, etc.

Mike88se

Threads
I am looking to sell my trailer, and get a new one with a wood floor that mesh stuff is good for hauling equipment but I need to haul mulch, soil, etc.

You can't put down some treated plywood?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can't put down some treated plywood?

A tarp... Plywood... Particle board is 9$ for a 4x8 sheet lol cardboard from a recycle bin behind a fast food joint lol