John deer 180 stering

Ean

Threads
My john deer 180 only turns about 2 inches. To the left side the right side turns normal how can I fix this

lzn197

Threads
You have a binding condition at your king pins. (Pivot locations between the front axle and the spindle.) Those areas will have to be disassembled and lubricated. You might get lucky by raising the front end off the ground, greasing the zerks as you move the steering back and forth, maybe with a little heat too.

Ean

Threads
I dissasimabled the axels from the part with the grease zerks and cleaned them put fresh grease still didn't help

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you take the steering rod off will the steering wheel go left and right it's full travel as it should and can your move the front wheels all the way left and right?
Doing this test will narrow down where the problem is.

Ean

Threads
Yes wheels turn all the way left and right and steering wheel could this be the wrong tie rod

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes wheels turn all the way left and right and steering wheel could this be the wrong tie rod

I am thinking the steering rod that goes from the steering gear to the front axle is to short or to long. I am thinking to short won't turn left. Could be bent.
The mower should turn sharper left then it does to the right.

Ean

Threads
I think it's the tie rod now I have another problem i took the battery out to get to the steering after I put it back on the dash lights come on so I try to turn it over the negative side sparked it didn't do any thing turned the key off turnd it back on the dash lights did not come on I moved the negative and lights came on again same thing happened

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think it's the tie rod now I have another problem i took the battery out to get to the steering after I put it back on the dash lights come on so I try to turn it over the negative side sparked it didn't do any thing turned the key off turnd it back on the dash lights did not come on I moved the negative and lights came on again same thing happened

Sound like a loose connection somewhere.
Clean the battery and the cables and make sure they are tight.

Ean

Threads
I cleaned them it works fine I went to the john deer place the tie rod I correct

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I cleaned them it works fine I went to the john deer place the tie rod I correct

Did you check the tie rod it connects the left and right wheels together or the steering rod that comes from the steering shaft to the wheels.
Something most be bent or getting in a bind.