Mower deck John Deere 345 Deck Throwing Grass over operator.

Darrel

Threads
I have a JD 345 with a 54" deck I believe. Every time I mow, it cover,s the machine as well as me in dust and grass. When I bought it new it had a metal piece with a rubber insert on the bottom of the deck , up near the front. The rubber piece wore off in a couple mowings and I never replace the rubber . Well the metal under the mower hits on roots sometimes . So I removed it and now I get covered in trash . I tried gator blades and no luck so I went back to the original blades. I really don,t think that taking off the metal piece had anything to do with all the dust and grass because it was doing the same when it was still on . I have checked the blades to see if they were on backwords but they were fine. Any idea what could be the problem? You cannot mow over 5 minutes without having to clean out the radiator screen it is that bad. Thanks for any help Darrel

Threads
Thanks , does look something like what was on it . Darrel

Was it under the deck though, or sticking out front of the deck? That baffle kit goes under the front edge of the deck right under the blades.

Darrel

Threads
Was it under the deck though, or sticking out front of the deck? That baffle kit goes under the front edge of the deck right under the blades.
Yes , it bolts to the front underside of the deck . Looks like the one that came on my mower except I also had a long about an inch wide rubber piece that also connected to the same piece? The rubber piece came off after just a couple mowings.