leaking gas tank

glenn

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the operator present switch ... should be a place on the bottom of the seat or the system the seat attaches to the tractor... :smile:KennyV

I will keep searching for a place that it must attach. tks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
BTW ...
Congrats on a DIY fix.... not only did you save some cash but you are now more familiar with your mower and will be more likely able to attack any other problem that may come up:thumbsup:...

If you roughed up the tank at the crack the epoxy should hold well, I prefer using a thermal repair, but I have read that there are some great epoxy products available ...
:smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
BTW ...
Congrats on a DIY fix.... not only did you save some cash but you are now more familiar with your mower and will be more likely able to attack any other problem that may come up:thumbsup:...

If you roughed up the tank at the crack the epoxy should hold well, I prefer using a thermal repair, but I have read that there are some great epoxy products available ...
:smile:KennyV

Kenny, there are some products available for use in what they term RV holding tanks for waste from the RV drain systems, I have never used any but supposedly they will weld plastic well...not sure how good they work on a fuel tank...the only plastic welding product I have had experience with is what is called JB Weld, you mix together the stuff from two tubes. I used it to patch a plastic snowblower gas tank one time.

Glenn, congratulations on your success with finding and hopefully fixing the leak...as Kenny says now that you have some experience in working on your JD you will have more understanding of your machine, and gained some confidence. Repair shops must hate people like you, taking away their $80 an hour ripoff charges....:laughing:

LandN

Threads
wouldn't you want the gas tank repairs and surrounding cushioning material (if used) to be gas resistance material... idk just wondering :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
wouldn't you want the gas tank repairs and surrounding cushioning material (if used) to be gas resistance material... idk just wondering :smile:

Good point, the JB Weld I used on my blower gas tank was said to be resistant to any solvent, the instructions that came with it had a testimonial from somebody who said they successfully repaired a big bulldozer with it...didn't give specifics, however.

Landon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a L110 with a leaking gas tank. Is it possible for a homeowner to replace it or must it be taken to a service center?

How did you get the tank out, Glenn?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!