New 290 Farm Boss!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I just got a new ms 290 so far so good anyone have one?
Anything Good or Bad things to say??

MRCo.

Threads
They are good saws for part time use. If you got .325 chain do not go past 18". If you have 3/8 chain you can go to 20" with decent performance if you get a skip tooth chain, I heavily endorse Carlton chain in all cases. Keep the air filter clean and the fuel fresh and you'll get a good number of years from it.

okiepc

Threads
I have one I have used for several years, no complaints, just keep a sharp chain. I use mine on a 50-50 basis with my John Deere CS56 chainsaw, now there is a saw that gets the job done, best saw I have ever used & I have been cutting over 25 years. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MRCo.

Threads
I have one I have used for several years, no complaints, just keep a sharp chain. I use mine on a 50-50 basis with my John Deere CS56 chainsaw, now there is a saw that gets the job done, best saw I have ever used & I have been cutting over 25 years. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The CS56 is an Efco saw, model 156, that is still available now but was discontinued this year. It's an excellent saw.

tomsteve

Threads
I just got a new ms 290 so far so good anyone have one?
Anything Good or Bad things to say??

im a noob here, but not new to chainsaws or the ms290. bought one a couple years ago. after it was broke in, I did a muffler mod and retuned the carb. the performance jumped quite a bit.
its not my goto saw( that's an old 266XP) mainly because of the weight, but it has been a great saw. keep the air filter clean and fuel fresh and itll last a long time.
the muffler mod does void warranty,though.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
By far Stihl's biggest seller, I have bought and dismantled hundreds of them over the past 6 years, and sold the parts on e-bay. So is a favorite of mine.

Threads
yep that's a common selling saw for us too, good anti-vibe, feels nice to use.