pneumonia sux

Mike88se

Threads
Been feeling off for about 2 months. Finally had to go to the ER. Stuck in the hospital for 4 days. Feel the same as I did when I went in ;) Guess it'll take a while.
I'll miss my nurses and room service :biggrin:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Been feeling off for about 2 months. Finally had to go to the ER. Stuck in the hospital for 4 days. Feel the same as I did when I went in ;) Guess it'll take a while.
I'll miss my nurses and room service :biggrin:

It's nasty stuff, kinda sounds like you have what they use to call walking pneumonia. The thing that's depressing is it's something you can never fully get rid of, it's always with you. Try using a probiotic like Align or Ultimate Flora it will help with getting your immune system back on track. It's hard to find but if you can find Lacidofil it's better than the off the shelf brands.

Threads
Yep I had it 3 winters in a row after the last time I went, and got a pneumonia shot. As mentioned you never really get rid of it because of all the scar tissue it leaves behind but the shot seemed to help alot. I hope you feel better soon.

Mike88se

Threads
It's nasty stuff, kinda sounds like you have what they use to call walking pneumonia. The thing that's depressing is it's something you can never fully get rid of, it's always with you. Try using a probiotic like Align or Ultimate Flora it will help with getting your immune system back on track. It's hard to find but if you can find Lacidofil it's better than the off the shelf brands.
Walking pneumonia...hmmm. Could be. It was in 3 lobes whatever that means ;) I had 4 days of IV antibiotics and now I'm taking some odd (according to the pharmacist) anti-b....maybe 1 week maybe 2.
Not liking that permanent thing :frown:
I don't feel any better now than when I went in so that kinda figures. I'll look into the probiotics after I'm done with the antibiotics.
Yep I had it 3 winters in a row after the last time I went, and got a pneumonia shot. As mentioned you never really get rid of it because of all the scar tissue it leaves behind but the shot seemed to help alot. I hope you feel better soon.
Thats rough. My sister was telling me everytime it comes back its worse. That seems to go along w/ what you and Ric are saying. I'll get a shot next time I get a chance. I never even had flu til a few years back. Had it twice since. Kicked my butt both times. Worse than this did really. The nurses said it might be a few weeks before I really feel better. Sure would be nice to have a zero turn to sit on now ;)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Walking pneumonia...hmmm. Could be. It was in 3 lobes whatever that means ;) I had 4 days of IV antibiotics and now I'm taking some odd (according to the pharmacist) anti-b....maybe 1 week maybe 2.
Not liking that permanent thing :frown:
I don't feel any better now than when I went in so that kinda figures. I'll look into the probiotics after I'm done with the antibiotics.

Generally Walking pneumonia has milder symptoms and can stay with you. You said you were taking something odd, an Anti Viral possibly.

That's rough. My sister was telling me every time it comes back its worse. That seems to go along w/ what you and Ric are saying. I'll get a shot next time I get a chance. I never even had flu til a few years back. Had it twice since. Kicked my butt both times. Worse than this did really. The nurses said it might be a few weeks before I really feel better. Sure would be nice to have a zero turn to sit on now ;)

Your sister is right it does get worse or at least it seems that way. Last time I had it, It was three weeks before I got back on my feet. The shots can help some but it's a Bacterial Virus and it kinda just goes dormant until the next time it wants to cause problems. That's why I said something about the Probiotics ( Lacidofil ) because they boost your Immune system.

X-man

Threads
My mom had double pneumonia for 3 months straight last fall. Now she struggles with doing simple tasks (such as walking down the hall) since it severely damaged her lungs. She's lucky it didn't end up killing her, especially with her age.

Threads
My mom had double pneumonia for 3 months straight last fall. Now she struggles with doing simple tasks (such as walking down the hall) since it severely damaged her lungs. She's lucky it didn't end up killing her, especially with her age.

Yep it is some nasty stuff.

Mike88se

Threads
Sorry to hear that. I know the lungs don't regenerate but it could get better. I hope the spring and summer are better for her. It's hard to heal from something like this in cold weather. I don't really know when or how I got it. The first time I felt anything was after getting home from my doing my only big lawn. This was about 2 months ago. The lady had wanted a lot of things done and towards the end I was running on fumes. When I got home I felt like I had the flu. Felt better next day but it came back again before the day was out. That's how it went from then on. Finally got bad enough that I had to get it checked out.
Hope your mom feels better soon.

Mike88se

Threads
I did 3 lawns yesterday. Mistake. The pmonia is not gone and I'm feeling it this morning. Still wish I had a bunch more work but probably not a good idea. :thumbdown: