Hustler Raptor 52" vs. Used (100 hr) FastTrack 48:

bstan21

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" vs. Used (100 hr) FastTrack 48:
Hello (my first post)!

Looking for a zero turn for a new house, about 1.75 acres, slightly sloped but nothing to worry about. Had a country clipper loaner from a friend and really liked it, but they are expensive. I am budgeting about $3k, which basically i thought I would be in big box store land (like a Husqvarna 54 incher that is widely available). After comparing the deck of the Husky vs. the Clipper, I knew I needed to search for something a little more durable.

Enter the appeal of the Raptor 52". Haven't been to the dealer, but called the closest and he has a less than 100 hour FasTrak 48 with Flex Forks installed for two hundred bucks more. It looks to be in exceptional condition minus a few scratches on the plastic fuel tank and a few scratches on the deck. He told me it was a few years old but nothing more (I think it has the Kawasaki according to the photo).

So, do you think i'd notice a huge difference between the two in terms of performance? I'm just mowing my place, once a week or whatever. What would you choose? Or would you look elsewhere? I realize the the FasTrak is a more expensive machine, but does the 'new mower' warranty outweigh the benefits?

Just fishing for opinions. I attached a photo of the used FasTrak. Thank you for any insight!

Attachments

• mowers 1-14-14 002.jpg
    mowers 1-14-14 002.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 60

MRCo.

Threads
The Raptor is a good machine for what it is, but the Fastrak is two leagues higher. With those hours at that price and looking that good I would jump on it.

bstan21

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your thoughts! I will go check it out this weekend. Thanks.

Carheir

Threads
Thank you for your thoughts! I will go check it out this weekend. Thanks.

Heck, I started out looking at the Raptor SD, and after seeing the Fastrack SD, I said AGURRRRRRRh (Tim Taylor Voice) :laughing: Then after savoring the FTSD for a week or so, the salesman said they were getting a fleet pricing sale and I could get the X1i for a couple hundred more than the FTSD. Well, I came home last weekend with the X1i and love it so far. In the end, I got the X1i for about the same money as the FTSD so it was a no brainer to get it.

I guess what speaks to me is the warranty but that 100 hrs is hardly breaking in the engine. Good luck on your decision.

Tom59

Threads
I own the 48" Fastrak. I'd say its a no brainer because of the trannies alone never mind the better engine. Mine's about ready to come out and play again.
I'm very impressed with mine.