Hustler X1i

Carheir

Threads
Well, my wife and I went to the dealership this morning and picked up a brand spankin new 2014 X1i 52" deck 22 hp mower. Got it home and I just had to try it since I have never operated a ZTR before. Man was it ever an experience. I am definitely going to have to practice with the levers. I couldn't believe how fast this thing is. 9 mph doesn't sound fast but on something like this, it is smoking fast. Cant imagine going any faster but I know some mowers go upwards of 17 mph. Anyway, when I think of it, I will get a couple of pics and upload them. I made my decision based on the 6 yr warranty and the fact that for the same money, I could be in the commercial ranks vs homeowner. Fleet pricing equated to $1000 off new plus I got a coupon for $200 more off. Ended up getting it for less than the FTSD costs. One thing for certain, it will mow some grass. You can believe that.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great machine!! I have an X-ONE rear discharge and was at a local fair last summer and a dealer had an X-ONE and an X-ONEi side by side, so I took the time to look them over and I was impressed with the X-ONEi. The rugged simplicity and ease of maintenance of these machines puts them out ahead of so called comparable models from other manufacturers and with a Kawasaki FX engine, a great package!!!!
I mowed for years with two Ingersoll GTs with collection systems and I bought my first ZTR/collection system in 2008. It took this old man a long time to get accustomed to a ZTR, but now I wouldn't be without one.
Enjoy your new machine!!!:thumbsup:
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Carheir

Threads
Great machine!! I have an X-ONE rear discharge and was at a local fair last summer and a dealer had an X-ONE and an X-ONEi side by side, so I took the time to look them over and I was impressed with the X-ONEi. The rugged simplicity and ease of maintenance of these machines puts them out ahead of so called comparable models from other manufacturers and with a Kawasaki FX engine, a great package!!!!
I mowed for years with two Ingersoll GTs with collection systems and I bought my first ZTR/collection system in 2008. It took this old man a long time to get accustomed to a ZTR, but now I wouldn't be without one.
Enjoy your new machine!!!:thumbsup:
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Thanks MM,

Don't have a lot of seat time but so far i am pleased with the machine. fit n' finish is top shelf.

cudaaa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Congrats is grass growing down there yet? Let me know how it goes mine is sitting in the trailer & we are getting 4"-6" of snow wright now.:licking:

tybilly

Threads
Well, my wife and I went to the dealership this morning and picked up a brand spankin new 2014 X1i 52" deck 22 hp mower. Got it home and I just had to try it since I have never operated a ZTR before. Man was it ever an experience. I am definitely going to have to practice with the levers. I couldn't believe how fast this thing is. 9 mph doesn't sound fast but on something like this, it is smoking fast. Cant imagine going any faster but I know some mowers go upwards of 17 mph. Anyway, when I think of it, I will get a couple of pics and upload them. I made my decision based on the 6 yr warranty and the fact that for the same money, I could be in the commercial ranks vs homeowner. Fleet pricing equated to $1000 off new plus I got a coupon for $200 more off. Ended up getting it for less than the FTSD costs. One thing for certain, it will mow some grass. You can believe that.

wont be long until youre using one hand on both sticks and drinking coffee with the other.lol

MRCo.

Threads
I just unloaded a truck full of Hustlers today and the X1i is a very impressive rig, deck is monster. Congrats and enjoy.

Carheir

Threads
I just unloaded a truck full of Hustlers today and the X1i is a very impressive rig, deck is monster. Congrats and enjoy.

Yes, the deck is deeper than the FTSD and I tried it out and the discharge was quite impressive. In response to the gentleman from Nebraska, my grass isn't growing yet but the wild onions are going crazy.:laughing: I am hoping the weather will cooperate tomorrow as we will be going out to the property where the mower resides and I'll get to operate it some more.

Thanks to all who helped me decide.

Carheir

Threads

Hope the Hustlers sell well for you. Are you going to keep one for yourself?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MRCo.

Threads
Hope the Hustlers sell well for you. Are you going to keep one for yourself?:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks! Not planning to right now, I'm trying to talk my yard guy in to a couple! I'm new to mowers sales, but maybe when I have a number out I will look to have a demo / loaner / rental that I would then take home... But first sell my yard guy some mowers before I kick him! Right now for a demo I'm getting one from the distribution company. Lots of interest so far!