Briggs & Stratton won't prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fish buddy I think your acting like a child. I have respect for your knowledge you've helped a lot of people here. But the fact you keep doing this is making me (and probably more) lose that respect please stop and go back to helping people

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fish buddy I think your acting like a child. I have respect for your knowledge you've helped a lot of people here. But the fact you keep doing this is making me (and probably more) lose that respect please stop and go back to helping people

Why would this be? I am responding here because you guys are saying that I "am" acting like a child.....

And the folks here would rather I let all of these posts "pass".

Naw, my record won't be affected by futzing around with someone that refuses to be honest here.. I agree the whole thing is quite silly, Mike just wants folks to
interact with him, which is fine...

I'll let this one go.......

But for this much space to be wasted on a poster that refused to give the model numbers of his toro is
quite silly

JAZ

Threads
It's a 12F702/1814-E1 on a Toro Super recycler. I put a carb kit on it and replaced the air cleaner base gasket which I'm thinking is critical to the priming system working. Didn't fix it though. The bulb looks good. No cracks, holes, or tears.
I found this video a minute ago... any thoughts?
HOW TO FIX A BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE THAT WONT PRIME - YouTube
Mike,
I will give this answer and get out of this thread. I don't want to get into this argument. Most people that read this answer will hate me and start another argument way off the subject again.
First ? . Did you ever see this run ?
I am just a stupid city boy gone country. I have a cheap Walmart lawn mower with a B & S engine bought new 3 years ago.
Last fall it started giving me trouble starting. I am a big fan of starting fluid. Have a few very old things that will only start by using it. Once started and running they will be OK. Use it with caution. Just a small shot.
Nuff said. I'm out of here so let the arguments flow.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mike, I will give this answer and get out of this thread. I don't want to get into this argument. Most people that read this answer will hate me and start another argument way off the subject again. First ? . Did you ever see this run ? I am just a stupid city boy gone country. I have a cheap Walmart lawn mower with a B & S engine bought new 3 years ago. Last fall it started giving me trouble starting. I am a big fan of starting fluid. Have a few very old things that will only start by using it. Once started and running they will be OK. Use it with caution. Just a small shot. Nuff said. I'm out of here so let the arguments flow.

That's what I said just use starting fluid to get it going.

Mike88se

Threads
Mike,
I will give this answer and get out of this thread. I don't want to get into this argument. Most people that read this answer will hate me and start another argument way off the subject again.
First ? . Did you ever see this run ?
I am just a stupid city boy gone country. I have a cheap Walmart lawn mower with a B & S engine bought new 3 years ago.
Last fall it started giving me trouble starting. I am a big fan of starting fluid. Have a few very old things that will only start by using it. Once started and running they will be OK. Use it with caution. Just a small shot.
Nuff said. I'm out of here so let the arguments flow.

Hey JAZ :)
I didn't want to get into this argument either. When I went to look at the mower the owner and I tried to start it with the primer bulb. Then he got out some starting fluid or carb cleaner and sprayed it into the carb and it started up. That was the only way I could get it to start while I owned it. It would continue to run once it was started. I made that clear to potential buyers. One guy was determined he wanted the mower regardless. I told him there was another carb available for $25 that would make the mower able to start w/o spraying fluid in the carb. He bought the mower but never contacted me about the other carb. He did call later and ask about the BOP mower ;) He seemed well pleased with the Toro. It was a good mower other than the priming issue.
I'm not here for arguments or drama... trust me. I'm here to learn and be part of the community. I see Mr Fish has followed me to my Honda coil thread to try and start another thing going. I'm trying real hard to ignore that but when somebody questions your honesty it's hard to stay silent.
That's what I said just use starting fluid to get it going.
I guess that's what the new owner is doing. He said he could fix it but there's no prime circuit there so I'm not sure how he's going to do that. As long as he's happy it's a win/win as far as Im concerned.

johnsess

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a 12F702/1814-E1 on a Toro Super recycler. I put a carb kit on it and replaced the air cleaner base gasket which I'm thinking is critical to the priming system working. Didn't fix it though. The bulb looks good. No cracks, holes, or tears.
I found this video a minute ago... any thoughts?
HOW TO FIX A BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE THAT WONT PRIME - YouTube

Try doubling the carb to air box gasket. It has worked for me many times. Make sure bolts are snugged securely.

John

briggs

Threads
wow i go away for a week and u guys are still going ...................REPLACE THE DAM GASKET AND PLASTIC HOUSING OR THE CARB AND BE DONE WITH IT >>>>then we wont have this BS on the Thread anymore :confused2:

Mike88se

Threads
wow i go away for a week and u guys are still going ...................REPLACE THE DAM GASKET AND PLASTIC HOUSING OR THE CARB AND BE DONE WITH IT >>>>then we wont have this BS on the Thread anymore :confused2:

lol... welcome back :cool: I'm going to ask the mods/admin to close this thread. I can't blame anybody for not wading through this whole thread but I'll say it again tho to be sure everybody gets it... I don't even own the mower anymore.
Appreciate all the help and concern tho... even from Mr Fish :tongue:

briggs

Threads
lol... welcome back :cool: I'm going to ask the mods/admin to close this thread. I can't blame anybody for not wading through this whole thread but I'll say it again tho to be sure everybody gets it... I don't even own the mower anymore.
Appreciate all the help and concern tho... even from Mr Fish :tongue:

LOL i was just going to say hit the dam thing with a hammer ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.