Fitting Solid Tires to Troy Bilt Pony?

Dameon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Pony and I love it, it runs good and I plan to keep it going for many more years to come but I am just having one major problem with it: The front tires are constantly going flat.

I've had to replace or repair the tires at least twice a year for several years. I'll often go to use it and find one of the front tires have gone flat. I keep it stored indoors, my yard is flat and smooth and I am not overweight, and I've even replaced the tires, so I am just not sure why it is constantly doing this. I'm fed up with the problem and want to just replace my front tires with solid ones.

Has anyone done this and do yo know of a tire brand/make that will fit? I can't find any specifically made for the Pony. While I am at it I am considering replacing the rear wheels as well. If anyone has any tips or advice I'd really appreciate it, as this is all new DIY territory for me.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
They make different brand tire sealers that you can put in your tires that work good. The one I have used is called Tire Slim. Most auto parts store sell this tire sealer.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to a tire shop and ask to get the foamed :) fills your current tire with foam

panabiker

Threads
I have Troy Bilt Bronco which has the same wheels and tires as Pony. My tires have never gone flat. I do check them every start of the season and top them off by 2-3 psi at most. Have you found out where the leak is or what exactly caused leak? Punctured tire, bad valves, bad rims?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have Troy Bilt Bronco which has the same wheels and tires as Pony. My tires have never gone flat. I do check them every start of the season and top them off by 2-3 psi at most. Have you found out where the leak is or what exactly caused leak? Punctured tire, bad valves, bad rims?

This is a very good idea. Your tries should be repairable unless they are weather checked and even then tubes would fix that.