The First Daffodil

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
LAWNBOY - Oh geez, now I owe you an apology! I LOVE Quebec and have visited many times and I love the people there too! But the Speedo's?? Not so much..

Forgive me, I was just making a joke.... I don't want to create an International Incident. (I already got arrested for that in Japan once, but that's another l-o-n-g and sordid story! And a situation I certainly don't wish to repeat!)

LONG LIVE CANADA... especially QUEBEC!!

Roger

No problems! That speedo thing was funny! Ahahaha. I know excaly what you are talking about! Glad you like Qubec! What parts did you visit?

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad you like Qubec! What parts did you visit?

The first time I came up there was around 1960 and we went right into the city.

Of course I've visited Chateau la Frontenac and I have also toured completely around the Gaspe' peninsular from Pointe-a-la-Croix to Riviere-du-Loup, where we cut back across to Maine.

On another trip we crossed the St Lawrence at Quebec City and went up along the Nord Coast to Sept-Isles. Pretty wild country up that way. A lot of industry through, which sort of surprised me. On our return we went up along the North side of the Saguenay River and around Lake Saint-Jean. You had to take a ferry across the Saguenay on our way up, I wonder if they have built a bridge since then? (Early 2000's)

We had a tow-behind trailer back in those days and made good use of it. The Gaspe' is beautiful!

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Of course I've visited Chateau la Frontenac and I have also toured completely around the Gaspe' peninsular from Pointe-a-la-Croix to Riviere-du-Loup, where we cut back across to Maine.

On another trip we crossed the St Lawrence at Quebec City and went up along the Nord Coast to Sept-Isles. Pretty wild country up that way. A lot of industry through, which sort of surprised me. On our return we went up along the North side of the Saguenay River and around Lake Saint-Jean. You had to take a ferry across the Saguenay on our way up, I wonder if they have built a bridge since then? (Early 2000's)

We had a tow-behind trailer back in those days and made good use of it. The Gaspe' is beautiful!

Roger

Join the NAVY !! See the world !! ... Join the Air Force & fly OVER it !! ... No wonder I live in a blur !! ( LOL ) ..Boobala

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Join the NAVY !! See the world !! ... Join the Air Force & fly OVER it !! ... No wonder I live in a blur !! ( LOL ) ..Boobala

The only part of Canada I ever got to via the Navy was Halifax, Nova Scotia. It was during the dead of winter and we were part of an exercise called CANUSILEX, (Canadian US Silent Exercise). It included ten submarines two or three of which were Oberon class boats from England/Canada. We were each assigned a lane approaching the East Coast of both countries where we had to close the land to a specific point and then surface and imitate USSR submarines launching missiles. Surface and air components as well as SOSUS stations were tasked with locating us to prevent our mock attack. I'd tell you what the outcome was, but then I'd have to kill ya, so.......

When we finally got into the port of Halifax all I can say about that is, it's far more inviting during the summer!! If you ever get up that way, don't miss Peggy's Cove, beautiful in it's own stark, rocky way... Check out photos here: http://www.peggyscoveregion.com/photo-gallery/

Roger

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger

Definitely some very nice places to visit up North of Quebec. Glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, there are quite a few industries in the region for pulp and paper. We have Cascade and Kruger that are two big producers around here.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, it's getting ready to be spring again. It was 72F and I saw my first daffodil yesterday.

I hope everybody's doing well.

Daffodil-2018_20180220_174927.jpg

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very nice!
Weather has been very mild here. We are enjoying it. First dafodil should be there in April!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Already weed-wacked last week, mowing planned for late tomorrow. 1st mow of the new year.