Ransomes 4000 series manuals found

msg_o

Threads
It's a Bobcat 148029, Jacks Small Engine has that part for $305.53 Bobcat 148029 jackssmallengines.com/Products/BOBCAT/Electric-PTO-Clutches/148029/2245405

A lot of Ransome parts can be found by putting "Bobcat" in front of the search item. I believe I put the parts breakdown on the forum that I started with the manuals, which is where I found the part number. It was in figure 1A, item number 21, which is the whole clutch assy.

Hope this helps

msg_o

Threads
I did some more work on the neighbors mower, it didn't have the pump pressure it should. So I did some more research, found that the pump corp headquarters are in the same state as me. Gave them a call (Sauer Danfoss), talked to tech support. So he sent me the parts breakdown with part numbers, very helpful when you want to shop around for parts. All said and done, I replaced the thrust plate, hand lapped everything in, cleaned and resealed. Presto, works good. The hand lapping is something I hadn't done before. I bought a piece of plate glass, used new parts solvent as my coolant/lube and 1500 wet/dry sandpaper. sanded by doing figure 8's. Oh, forgot, used the wife's cookie sheet with a piece of plywood in the sheet and the glass sitting on top of the wood, then filled with solvent. Anyways it worked. Attached the parts breakdown for a Sunstrand 15-2174 pump.

Also found out that a lot of the internal pieces for the pump are the same, meaning 15 and 15U have the same rotating group. How I found this out was by asking the question to tech support/field rep on if I could use a rotating group out of a 15U for my 15 series pump, he said they were the same. The 15 series cylinder block kit, 3103136 went into a lot of different lawnmowers and commercial grade lawn tractors. Such as for IH Cub Cadet the part number would be 405178R93 (listed for $861.64). For a Onan or Kubota the part number would be a 21-004(old listing number of 21-029) (listed for $1085.76). So I bought one thinking that I might need it because that's what I heard failed on these. Didn't end up needing it. So if someone needs one, let me know. I have tried to sell it on ebay, it's New Old Stock, would be a great way to make a tired pump happy I would bet.

Attachments

• Sunstrand 15-2174.pdf
    145 KB · Views: 94

Beltman60

Forum Newbie
Threads
newbie here

might someone on this site know where to get manuals for a Ransomes T22D?

It's a ride on rotary with the Mits diesel
Just bought it last fall for $1500 with around 1500 hrs.

I would like to know more about it and how to maintain and fix it when it needs it

Thanks

msg_o

Threads
Don't know if I should start a new thread so I'm going to respond on this one. Here is the only manual I can find for a T-22D. I hope a T-22D is the same as a T-22DV. Anyways, here's the parts manual for it. Had to zip it because it was over the 3.81mb size for a pdf.
Hope it helps!

Attachments

• T22DV revision 1.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 71

Beltman60

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks that does help with parts now if I could just get a owners/maintenance manual somewhere

dduren

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the manuals. I'm in a pickle here still. I have the XT4015 with the GAS Mitsubishi GL3E and I can't find a service manual for the engine. I also cannot open your Zip files for some reason.

Hi, rebuilding my neighbors lawn mower and had a hard time finding all the manuals to do it. So I thought I would save other people the time if they need manuals (they are in pdf form) for Ransomes 4000. I also have been getting parts drawings and vendor names for who supplied the parts to Ransomes when they were made. This has been for the parts that are no longer available by the Bobcat or Ransomes part number. Funny thing I've found is that a lot of these parts are still made by the vendor and sold to other mower manufactures. Anyway let me know if you want me to send the manuals to you if I can't get them to attach here. Looks like the service manual is too big , it's in two parts that are over 10 MB each.

I also have the engine service manual and parts manual in paper back for the GL3E Mitsubishi motor that I just received from Japan, luckily in English.

Paul

biffy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I forgot that I hadn't posted the hydro manual that I used to fix the Sundstrand pump on this mower. The manual is listed as a Sauer Danfoss, I think through buy outs or merging is why the name changed. Anyway the hydro pump tag for mine was a 15-2174 CW, A-90-13-250020. It was a very easy pump to rebuild. I had the known issue with the charge pump pin broke and an oring that was blown out. Got the oring set and pin from Nova Hydraulics. The part number for the Sauer Danfoss (Sundstrand) overhaul seal kit was 9510354-001.

Thank you for the information, been looking for 5 years.

fned

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a Bobcat 148029, Jacks Small Engine has that part for $305.53 Bobcat 148029 jackssmallengines.com/Products/BOBCAT/Electric-PTO-Clutches/148029/2245405

A lot of Ransome parts can be found by putting "Bobcat" in front of the search item. I believe I put the parts breakdown on the forum that I started with the manuals, which is where I found the part number. It was in figure 1A, item number 21, which is the whole clutch assy.

Hope this helps

I found this thread to be very helpful when repairing my Ransomes Jaguar 4000. Thanks for the manuals and the note on the electric PTO clutch's relation to Bob-Cat part numbering. Worked perfectly in finding a new clutch.

Thanks again

tib

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't know if I should start a new thread so I'm going to respond on this one. Here is the only manual I can find for a T-22D. I hope a T-22D is the same as a T-22DV. Anyways, here's the parts manual for it. Had to zip it because it was over the 3.81mb size for a pdf.
Hope it helps!

I have successfully downloaded zip file :thumbsup:, but can't open it... :ashamed:
Pleaaase HELP !!!:wink: