mower deck

daljr2

Forum Newbie
Threads
have a 54 husqvarna,runs great,but deck is not level,leaving strips of grass un cut,have replaced blades but no difference,any help would be useful

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
have a 54 husqvarna,runs great,but deck is not level,leaving strips of grass un cut,have replaced blades but no difference,any help would be useful

Your deck probably needs to be leveled from side to side and new blades will not make any difference because they are dependent upon the deck being level to make an even cut.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Un-cut strips are usually caused by the blades not having enough overlap, as in blades that are worn short...
OR having the new blades mounted upside down... they still cut , just not so good and usually leave a strip... ate the lift wings to the top...
It's easy to mount one or all the wrong way. :smile:KennyV

jteuban

Threads
hello, what you need to do is lower the deck as low as it will go and then go under it. there should be 2 large wing nuts. 1 on either side, now just trail and error until it is level. Blades on wrong possibly or just to sharpen should help. You do not even have to take them off if you have an angle grinder. use the back side, with caution because spark do fly when using the back side. then one nice cut to the leading edge should do the trick.

Bruce Mowbray

Threads
I have the same deck on my Husky. If the blades are not sharpend right out to the tips, you will get strips of uncut lawn. Replace the blades as soon as the ends get rounded. I think the overlaps is only about 3/4".

Bruce

jd335

Threads
i had the same problem a long time back the guy @ the small gngine shop sold me a guage to measure each side of my deck about 3 bucks i think i put the mower in the garage on level floor leveled the deck and was good fixed the problem.