Raptor SD

jkctn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just to let you all know I purchased the RSD 54". This is my first hustler and I am not a professional. I have owned an exmark and a husky walk behind both were commercial and worked great, but I have a new much bigger yard and I convinced the wife I needed a zturn. I ordered the 48" and as luck would have it the dealer also ordered the 54" as well. I was at the dealer when they took them out of the crates and we were both surprised to see the differences between the two. I am sorry I don稚 have the exact specs but this is what I remember. The 48 still has a lot of the same residential elements that did not impress me much. The 54 has the same front casters as their commercial mowers, and much bigger rear tires which I wanted for my mowing conditions. They both have the same wielded decks, but what made my decision was the price difference. The 54 was $100 more. Even the owner of the dealership told me not to buy the 48? Like I said I知 sorry for not having the exact differences, but if can go and see them sitting side by side, you would not buy the 48 model. Hope this sheds some light on the new mower.

So how are you liking the mower? I am in the market for my first Z-turn with around 1.4 acres of clear land to mow. I am down to the Raptor SD 54inch at $3,999.00 or the Kubota ZG124E... The Kubota is only a 48inch deck and is $500.00 more with I believe a Briggs and Straton engine and $1000.00 more with a Kohler engine and front lights.... I'd be at a whipping $1500.00 more to get a 54inch deck.... This is why I'm really leaning towards the Raptor SD.... Appearance I believe Kubota wins but I'm obviously not going to buy based only on appearance factors. Someone please chime in.

pbjeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
So how are you liking the mower? I am in the market for my first Z-turn with around 1.4 acres of clear land to mow. I am down to the Raptor SD 54inch at $3,999.00 or the Kubota ZG124E... The Kubota is only a 48inch deck and is $500.00 more with I believe a Briggs and Straton engine and $1000.00 more with a Kohler engine and front lights.... I'd be at a whipping $1500.00 more to get a 54inch deck.... This is why I'm really leaning towards the Raptor SD.... Appearance I believe Kubota wins but I'm obviously not going to buy based only on appearance factors. Someone please chime in.

I am in the same boat. I have looked at the Raptor SD and Kubota. The Kubota only has 36 month 0% instead of the 48 month 0%. That reason alone has me looking at a Gravely zt hd 52" at 5099. Commercial components and chain hung deck. But there are too many zt out there to chose from.

stumper

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just pulled the trigger on a Raptor SD 60". Delivering it in the morning. I cant wait!!!

elrichfarm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I too am looking at the Hustler Raptor SD here in east tenn. Price is 3999, looking to buy in a couple of weeks. This will be my first zero turn and hope it is the right decision.

MRCo.

Threads
I've uncrated and sold a few Raptor SDs in the last couple days. It's the mower I'd take home or my yard, in 54". The 54" has the 12" wide rear tires that look awesome, 48" has 8". That's fine...but the 20x12" are just mean looking! An earlier post suggested that the 48" has lesser castor forks, but they are the same as the 54"- the 3/8 solid steel ones found on the Fastrak. The difference is the tires, 5 vs 6.5" width. The RSD is a very nice mower, the $1200 uptick from a Raptor is immediately visible...you get a lot more mower. For those mowing near lots of bushes, etc. I recommend the engine guard option. It's $70, not a lot. But the carb, linkages and fuel solenoid wires are on the rear of the mower...pricey to fix. Just an idea.

Last edited:

bstan21

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up a 60" SD yesterday and my dealer delivered it last night as he was driving through town anyway. He is going to drop off the front forks when he gets them, I guess they are backed up with orders for those. Anyway, important to note for me is that this seat is only on the 60" Raptor SD, the other models have the original Raptor seat with the addition of arm rests. The seat is very comfortable. Also, the engine guard is only standard on the 60".

Originally I was looking at a 54" but with these two differences I was pushed toward the 60" and the dealer agreed to nearly the same money. Here are some pics! Looking forward to getting it out of the garage when the grass greens up! Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• CAM00546.jpg
    CAM00546.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 113
  • CAM00547.jpg
    CAM00547.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 108

TennKent

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ordered mine tonight through Lowes. I ordered the 54". The nice thing is that you can contact customer service and tell them that you want to get the "new to the neighborhood" coupon and get 10% off your purchase. Mine was $3600 before tax. Also got them to throw in free delivery because Home Depot was offering free delivery on theirs.

Kent

JimDawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,

New member to the forum and a new owner of the Hustler Raptor SD with a 54" deck (it is being delivered in a couple of hours). I have a little more than an acre to mow and I'm looking forward to cutting my mowing time down from over 2 hours with an cub cadet 122. While I have experience with commercial/diesel Kubota and Deere tractors, this is my first zero turn.

Thanks,
Jim