Raptor SD

mich3210

Threads
Are there any reviews on this specific model? I know that it's fairly new, but I'm having a hard time finding anything on it. I'm currently in the market for a ZT and this is one of the contenders, along with Gravely and Toro.

Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Threads
Are there any reviews on this specific model? I know that it's fairly new, but I'm having a hard time finding anything on it. I'm currently in the market for a ZT and this is one of the contenders, along with Gravely and Toro.

Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes it is new, but it is almost identical to the model it replaced, the Hustler Sport.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/equipment-news/20898-hustler-raptor-super-duty.html

mich3210

Threads

MRCo.

Threads
I doubt you will find any owners yet- the mower is new, it isn't grass cutting / mower buying time...and not everyone is on ths site! The hydrostatic drives are a big improvement, but lots of small things that changed make RSD much more of a mower than the Sport to me. I think it's going to be a great little unit.

Carheir

Threads
I am looking at the raptor sd very hard and will probably pull the trigger on a 48" model sometime next month. Have looked at the toro, gravely, john deere and the hustler just seems so much more machine. This will be my first zt so a lot of what I am making my decision on is gut feel and research on line.

MRCo.

Threads
The more I look at the RSD, the more I like. It's a definite step up from Raptor, and much better than the Sport, which the Raptor made irrelevant, IMO. They were too similar. It even has a bigger engine on the 48" than the Fastraks do....which is weird!

clpolcar

Threads
You can get a toro Titan. Has better warranties better hydro drive systems zt3100. I think 22 inch tires. Completely welded deck. I think the Titan zx 48 you can get under 5000. I'm going to be buying the titan MX 54 inch because I will get it for 5500 and cause they stopped making this model in a 48 inch cut.

stester

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just to let you all know I purchased the RSD 54". This is my first hustler and I am not a professional. I have owned an exmark and a husky walk behind both were commercial and worked great, but I have a new much bigger yard and I convinced the wife I needed a zturn. I ordered the 48" and as luck would have it the dealer also ordered the 54" as well. I was at the dealer when they took them out of the crates and we were both surprised to see the differences between the two. I am sorry I don稚 have the exact specs but this is what I remember. The 48 still has a lot of the same residential elements that did not impress me much. The 54 has the same front casters as their commercial mowers, and much bigger rear tires which I wanted for my mowing conditions. They both have the same wielded decks, but what made my decision was the price difference. The 54 was $100 more. Even the owner of the dealership told me not to buy the 48? Like I said I知 sorry for not having the exact differences, but if can go and see them sitting side by side, you would not buy the 48 model. Hope this sheds some light on the new mower.

MRCo.

Threads
Congrats on the mower! Yes, the 54 has wider wheels, and that price uptick is hardly there.

mich3210

Threads
Just to let you all know I purchased the RSD 54". This is my first hustler and I am not a professional. I have owned an exmark and a husky walk behind both were commercial and worked great, but I have a new much bigger yard and I convinced the wife I needed a zturn. I ordered the 48" and as luck would have it the dealer also ordered the 54" as well. I was at the dealer when they took them out of the crates and we were both surprised to see the differences between the two. I am sorry I don稚 have the exact specs but this is what I remember. The 48 still has a lot of the same residential elements that did not impress me much. The 54 has the same front casters as their commercial mowers, and much bigger rear tires which I wanted for my mowing conditions. They both have the same wielded decks, but what made my decision was the price difference. The 54 was $100 more. Even the owner of the dealership told me not to buy the 48? Like I said I知 sorry for not having the exact differences, but if can go and see them sitting side by side, you would not buy the 48 model. Hope this sheds some light on the new mower.

If you don't mind sharing, can you tell us what you paid for the Raptor SD w/ 54" deck? That's the model that I'm considering. Thanks!