Ugly telephone pole

Harriet

Threads
I have an ugly telephone pole in the corner of my back yard. I'm thinking about planting some sort of climbing vine to make it less of an eye sore. Do you think Morning Glories would be a good choice? Any other suggestions?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Paint it like a barber poll... :laughing:
:smile:KennyV

AndyMan

Threads
Try Virginia Creeper or Boston Ivy. Either one would grow quickly and help to hide the pole. Your idea of flowering vines is also a good one, including morning glories, clematis, & honeysuckle.

173abn

Threads
Harriet,not trying to tell you what to do but I'd check with your power co. first.around here they want them"clean".If they say it's ok then consider trumpet vine. russ

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Harriet,not trying to tell you what to do but I'd check with your power co. first.around here they want them"clean".If they say it's ok then consider trumpet vine. russ

Yes - usually the power and phone companies want poles clean, but you could put a trellis in front of it for vines.

mois25

Threads
How ugly can they get? Just wondering how long it would take the morning glories to mature. Perhaps you could talk with the phone provider to have a replacement?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an ugly telephone pole in the corner of my back yard. I'm thinking about planting some sort of climbing vine to make it less of an eye sore. Do you think Morning Glories would be a good choice? Any other suggestions?

Go to a Goodwill store and buy up a bunch of fake Xmas trees out of season, then duct tape the branches to the pole....:laughing::laughing:

patches

Threads
All telephone poles are ugly eyesores. I think putting a trellis in front of it to grow vines on to hide it is a good solution. I agree that it's very unlikely that the phone company is going to want anything growing up their pole.

173abn

Threads
out here in my neck of the woods the poles are for elec. only ,the phone lines are buried. my rural elec. co has a crew that cuts trees and brush from under the lines and off the poles. russ

greengrass

Threads
We have an older one on our neighbors side of the fence and its hideous. I would love to have them turn it off, if my bedroom shades are even cracked the light comes in at night so I guess it was a telephone/light pole combo they did.