Definitely need a snow blower.

NickNack

Threads
This shoveling is for the birds. I thought owning a home was supposed to be fun. I got a note from the city that not only am I supposed to be clearing my own driveway and sidewalk, but they want me to shovel the city sidewalk that runs in front of my house.

I can't wait till spring comes and all this work ends.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This shoveling is for the birds. I thought owning a home was supposed to be fun. I got a note from the city that not only am I supposed to be clearing my own driveway and sidewalk, but they want me to shovel the city sidewalk that runs in front of my house.

Most cities require homeowners to clear the city owned sidewalk in front of their homes, while they themselves can delay a week or more on clearing the street in front of your house. I have never heard of a law that requires the homeowner to clean his own personal driveway and sidewalk.

You think it will end (work) when spring comes? Nope, that's when mowing and yard care begin, and the city will expect you to keep the yard cut to a legal height too. What a farce.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
This shoveling is for the birds.

Keep that in mind this summer when you go to a garage sale and spot a snow blower at a good price... around July/August is a good time to watch for 'next years' snow tools... :smile:KennyV

indypower

Threads
Most will also ask you to clear around the fire hydrants, too. In the summer, you will most likely be required to mow the grass between the side walk and street.

LandN

Threads

homeowners work is never done:laughing:

BlueGrass

Threads
I feel your pain with the shoveling. The city didn't even clean our street until 3 days after this past storm hit. I live on a dirt road so the roads were horrible and very icy. On a positive note for myself, I don't have a sidewalk :biggrin: so my shoveling time probably isn't as long as yours.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
homeowners work is never done:laughing:

SO TRUE !! I have lived where I am for 21 years, there is NEVER an end to the things to be done. If you are not taking care of the yard or removing snow, there are maintenance items, repairs, remodeling, always something.

When we go on vacation I complain about how bored I am because I enjoy staying busy caring for our place, it's a point of pride keeping things looking good and working well.