Yth28k48 for snow plow

lkool

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone have experience with the yth24k48 and snow blade attachment? Trying to determine if this is a better option than a snow blower. Trying to keep expenses down. But do need some type of snow remove equipment beyond a shovel. I would only be using this at home with a larger driveway. I am in minnesotA we get plenty snow in the winter but any huge snow falls I would probably still hire a plow.
Thanks!

Threads
If you already have the tractor, than just buying a snow blade would probably be cheaper than buying a walk behind 2-stage snowblower. Since you would still hire a plow for larger storms I would do whatever was cheaper. But if you need wheel weights, chains, etc....the price goes up.

Considering you already have the tractor......

Option A (snow blade):
-Blade: ~$450
-Possibly wheel weights: ~$100-$150
-Possibly tire chains: ~$50-$100
Total could be: ~$600-$700

Option B (snowblower):
Single stage: ~$350-$700
Probably would want a 2-stage: ~$800 and up

lkool

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks, I've broken down the price as well. I would probably be able to get a blade for about $320. I wouldn't go with the Husqvarna dozer blade. Rather I would go with one of the older snow blades, they are out of production, but you can still find them. Otherwise the Cratsman snow blade is essentially the same thing. I don't think I need the heftier dozer blade. In the end I would probably pay about the same for a blade setup as I would a single stage mower. My trouble is trying to determine which is the best value. I like the idea of the snow blade because I'd rather have a single machine to maintain rather than two machines, plus the extra space of storing the snow blower is a negative. But in the end if the snow blade doesn't work well or puts too much strain on the tractor, I'd go with the snow blower.

If you already have the tractor, than just buying a snow blade would probably be cheaper than buying a walk behind 2-stage snowblower. Since you would still hire a plow for larger storms I would do whatever was cheaper. But if you need wheel weights, chains, etc....the price goes up.

Considering you already have the tractor......

Option A (snow blade):
-Blade: ~$450
-Possibly wheel weights: ~$100-$150
-Possibly tire chains: ~$50-$100
Total could be: ~$600-$700

Option B (snowblower):
Single stage: ~$350-$700
Probably would want a 2-stage: ~$800 and up

Threads
thanks, I've broken down the price as well. I would probably be able to get a blade for about $320. I wouldn't go with the Husqvarna dozer blade. Rather I would go with one of the older snow blades, they are out of production, but you can still find them. Otherwise the Cratsman snow blade is essentially the same thing. I don't think I need the heftier dozer blade. In the end I would probably pay about the same for a blade setup as I would a single stage mower. My trouble is trying to determine which is the best value. I like the idea of the snow blade because I'd rather have a single machine to maintain rather than two machines, plus the extra space of storing the snow blower is a negative. But in the end if the snow blade doesn't work well or puts too much strain on the tractor, I'd go with the snow blower.

Yeah that's almost a personal preference. The good thing about a snow blade is though it takes up some space, it is not something that has an engine, so it can sit all summer without the gas going bad or something. But a con is that if your mower goes down, so does your snow removal tool.