Kohler EFI

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
Grasshopper recently started running these in their machines. We sold our first ones this year. No problems yet, but I'm sure they are coming down the line. Does anyone have any tips on what parts I would need to carry or what the common issues are?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Grasshopper recently started running these in their machines. We sold our first ones this year. No problems yet, but I'm sure they are coming down the line. Does anyone have any tips on what parts I would need to carry or what the common issues are?

They have been running them in cars for years now and in the last few in years in cycles. You are going to find that they will be very trouble free. Just think when was the last time you had a problem with your cars EFI. They are more sedative to dirt then then carburetors so fuel filters will be the biggest issue.

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
That's what I was hoping to hear. I just didn't know if anyone has had trouble with the electronic side of things.

MRCo.

Threads
Attending the Kohler update school last year calmed my nerves on them some. Diagnostics on the EFI system is as easy as going around the wiring harness sequentially checking. Point 1, good. Point 2, good. Point 3, error. Problem lies between 2 and 3. Hopefully! :)

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The main things to remember is never disconnect the battery or a jump pack while running. And also make sure there is a good diode between the leads on the electric clutch. electrical spikes from disconnecting batteries and shutting off electric clutches without clamping diodes while fry the CPU. and I know of one case where a tech had his laptop connected doing diagnostics, and shut off the electric clutch, and it fried the CPU and his computer.

MRCo.

Threads
Good point, that issue came up. The wiring harness was replaced with one with an extra purple wire to ground out excess juice. Hopefully.

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
I run the Parts dept the social media sites and the website....never a dull moment!