Whats Best rwd self propelled mower for $350-400?

mhx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gez the reviews at lowes & home depot are all over the place. I currently own a Frigidaire 22in model yp5ty22ca mower thats like at least 15+yrs old that I got from my dad a long time ago. The FWD drive is shot and im not putting anymore money into it. My yard is just too big.

Here is what I am picking from: (these are in no special order)

#1 Toro Personal Pace Recycler 22 in. Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Blade Stop System Model 20334
Toro Personal Pace Recycler 22 in. Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Electric Start - California Compliant-20334 at The Home Depot
Price: $399

#2 Also Toro Model 20333, same as 1 but with the blade stop system. Still $399... Not sure I want this as its more moving parts that could break later in life. I will let you guys chime in here.

#3 Troy-Bilt TB320 190-cc 21-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine
Price: $380.79
Shop Troy-Bilt TB320 190-cc 21-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine at Lowes.com
I like this, but i dont like its only 21in.

#4 Husqvarna HU725BBC 190-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine
Shop Husqvarna HU725BBC 190-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine at Lowes.com
No reviews anywhere about this.

#5 Husqvarna hu775bbc Husqvarna 175-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine
Shop Husqvarna 175-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine at Lowes.com
Now the reviews on this scare me. Some people say it mulches like crap. I have too big of a yard to bag my grass.
Are these people just cutting there grass too low like morons?
What about the big rear wheels? I hear its harder to turn around vs smaller wheels?

also whats better a briggs Professional Series engine? Or a Briggs Quantum engine? #4 has the Quantum... and #5 has the pro series

#6 Honda HRR216K9VKA Honda 21 in. 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke-HRR216K9VKA at The Home Depot
only 21in, but from reading its the best mulcher with the dual blades.
Price 429

Help?? :)

Thanks
Ryan

PS a Frigidaire will be for sale soon if anyone is interested.. In the Houston, TX area out in Humble.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go with the Honda, you'll be a lot happier it's more mower than the rest.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Honestly you won't yell much of a difference in 21" or 22" the Honda is a good mower but imo so is the toro pp I don't like husky or troy you'll be happy no matter what you buy just take care of it

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not on the list but Snapper friction disc drive if you can afford it. Best self propelled rear drive mower I used so far.

mhx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not on the list but Snapper friction disc drive if you can afford it. Best self propelled rear drive mower I used so far.

model number or URL/link to snapper site??

Threads
Honda all the way. :thumbsup: Good mulcher. If I was to get one of the other brands I would want one with a Honda engine. Just my opinion.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper is the way to go.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gez the reviews at lowes & home depot are all over the place. I currently own a Frigidaire 22in model yp5ty22ca mower thats like at least 15+yrs old that I got from my dad a long time ago. The FWD drive is shot and im not putting anymore money into it. My yard is just too big.

Here is what I am picking from: (these are in no special order)

#1 Toro Personal Pace Recycler 22 in. Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Blade Stop System Model 20334
Toro Personal Pace Recycler 22 in. Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Electric Start - California Compliant-20334 at The Home Depot

#2 Also Toro Model 20333, same as 1 but with the blade stop system. Still $399... Not sure I want this as its more moving parts that could break later in life. I will let you guys chime in here.

#3 Troy-Bilt TB320 190-cc 21-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine
Price: $380.79
Shop Troy-Bilt TB320 190-cc 21-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine at Lowes.com
I like this, but i dont like its only 21in.

#4 Husqvarna HU725BBC 190-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine
Shop Husqvarna HU725BBC 190-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine at Lowes.com
No reviews anywhere about this.

#5 Husqvarna hu775bbc Husqvarna 175-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine
Shop Husqvarna 175-cc 22-in Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine at Lowes.com
Now the reviews on this scare me. Some people say it mulches like crap. I have too big of a yard to bag my grass.
Are these people just cutting there grass too low like morons?
What about the big rear wheels? I hear its harder to turn around vs smaller wheels?

also whats better a briggs Professional Series engine? Or a Briggs Quantum engine? #4 has the Quantum... and #5 has the pro series

#6 Honda HRR216K9VKA Honda 21 in. 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke-HRR216K9VKA at The Home Depot
only 21in, but from reading its the best mulcher with the dual blades.
Price 429

Help?? :)

Thanks
Ryan

PS a Frigidaire will be for sale soon if anyone is interested.. In the Houston, TX area out in Humble.

For what its worth and for what your wanting to spend The Honda is your best choice. Personal the Honda engine is a better engine by far than anything mentioned, not that I'm a fan of Honda. Out of the two briggs engines the pro series is the better engine choice, that Quantum is a piece of junk. If your interested in a mower and worried about engine IMO If I were you I'd start looking for a mower with a Kawasaki engine, there the best on the market at this time. The Kawasaki FJ 180 cc will work rings around anything mentioned.