What is this tool

DaveTN

Threads
Whatever it is, it will be discovered by future Archaeologists digging about and proclaim it to be "A Religious Artifact"~~ No one will know what it was even remotely used for really. Many mechanics nowdays don't know what early 20th Century tools were used for don'tcha know! I have no clue what it is really.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
View attachment 18685

Does anyone have a clue what this is?

I think Mad Mackie is right with his answer being a old fashion Wood barrel plug hole cutting tool or Bung hole cutter. This is all just a guess but it works by squeezing the two handles together drawing back the bit then you fasten the drill to the side of the barrel using the bolt and clamp. The point acts as a pilot giving the auger center to cut the hole as you turn the handle.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Saw a tool that looks almost like the picture if not identical to the one in the picture on the news last night. The guy was using it to cut a hole in a concrete block wall.

Threads
If you find out I would like to know too. I have never seen anything like that before.

metz12

Threads
i have seen small versions of this. the small ones ive seen were used for cutting plugs for cabinets or furniture. you use a countersink drill bit bore out the hole, then you screw your screw in a put a plug in with a small amount of glue. then sand it or cut it off with a chisel. never seen one that big.