Honda stuck valve

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thats not what you put at the end of your last post.

I guess I lost you on that? One thing for sure we don't agree on this, but what do I know I am just a dumb retired mechanic that has spent a life time doing this work. Its just too late for me to learn the right way anymore at my age and I really don't want to learn because here I am on a Thursday afternoon arguing with a person that knows all. Now if I was making a living doing this work I sure wouldn't be here sitting in my recliner arguing with you. I did my share of 16 hr. + days and I didn't retire to do more of them but I sure enjoy sitting on my *** with the computer in my lap. Now just what is your story?? You sure aren't turning wrenches today for some reason. Lets just be friends because I enjoy our disagreements. This isn't the first time and I hope not the last. :smile: :wink:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Red high temp gasket maker works great for me I use it on heads crank case and valve covers doesn't always work good on carbs plus I a little scares of the engine sucking any in

skybolt31

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone for the somewhat spirited advice! I found some head gaskets on ebay for a few bucks, so I will order two so I have a spare. I find it interesting all the different options for gasket sealing, I usually put a thin coat of Dow Corning #4 which is a dielectric grease commonly used in the aviation world on them. Makes them very easy to take apart and perhaps reuse. If I have any suspicion that it might leak, I put a thin coat of RTV. I have always viewed head gaskets as being in their own separate category as a gasket that gets squeezed out and after use should never be brought near an engine again. I have very little experience with small engines however, especially Hondas, so I thought I would ask the question.