Riding Mower

ModernMode

Threads
Tried to start my 1011 riding mower today. When I turned the key, all I got was a loud clicking sound. Figured it was the battery and put it on the charger. After I got a green light, I tried to start again and still only get a loud clicking sound. Mower was fine last time I started it a couple of months ago. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
May be a bad starter solenoid. The internal contacts get corroded and dont let power get to the starter,

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the forum... this is usually a fun loving group...
There are a LOT of new folks showing up this last wk or so... Always good to see more!!

Your problem could still be the battery, if you can check the available voltage while you get the click...
Also check safety interlock switches... things like the electric pto switch left in the blade on position, that will normally prevent the starter from engaging...
should be an easy thing to track down.. if you do/or don't find it... post back with what you have found...
:smile:KennyV

BGC

Threads
It sounds like the battery to me too. I know I had a battery completely go bad over the winter last year and had to replace it. I still don't understand why it happened but it did.

ModernMode

Threads
I called my mower repairman and he was absolutely positive it was the battery. And he was right. I bought a new one and everything is back to normal. Thanks for all the input.

noma

Threads
welcome aboard modernmode, yes there is a lot of good folks here hope you enjoy it here as much as do. Glad you got your mower going again , is your lawn need mowed already?:laughing:

IlliniGrunt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, new to this forum and have found it to be quite informative. I have a 1997 Honda H2113HDA, has been a fantastic mower, but!!!! while mowing lately a piece of rubber hose from the storm we had the other day blew into my yard, and of course I didn't see it. It killed the mower and now it will not restart, figured it pulled a wire loose somewhere but cannot find it. Hooked a jumper to the frame (neg) and the pos to the starter, figured it would turn over but nothing, totally dead! Any ideas out there, have checked all the switches I can think of all seem to be hooked, surely it couldn't have killed the battery, have tried to jump that also, have checked the belts all are intact and engaged, thinking it may be the battery relay to the starter, any other ideas would be appreciated, thanks!