Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?

dfbrown

Threads
  • / Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?
Hi everybody I have some questions for you. I have run amsoil 100:1 saber mixed at 100:1 ratio in my current echo stuff, toro with suzuki 2 cycle engines with no problem what so ever and burn very clean. I know the lawn boys recomend 32:1 as they have for years and use that old ashless oil from the stone age.

Does anybody are can you run amsoil at 100:1 in a lawnboy 10550 duraforce engine and be safe as far as lubrication is concerned.
Do some of the die hard lawn boy guys play it safe at 80:1 or richer??
Any feedback imaginable would be great as far as tid bids on what makes theses things run great for a long time and keep carbon build up to a minimum.
I also saw that the spark plug uses a bpmr4A at a .035 gap which it says in the book but that is HUGE. Is this common i guess.

It starts and runs good and has the slightest surge to it at fast idle and you can hear it surge when on slow rpm. RPM is at 3200 and change as I checked it with a snap on digital tach.

Everybodys Thoughts??

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I dont even use this mix anymore cause my FS85R and other handheld equipment would smoke when using it. I used the one gallon mix packets and only mixed gallon at a time with one packet. So I cant recommend using this oil mix at all on any 2 cycle equipment mower or handheld equipment.

possum

Threads
The stone age was quite some time back. Calling everything by a new name does not mean anything new has really been invented . If you think Sabre will protect any two cycle engine then by all means use it at any rate you find comfort in. I have a Lawnboy. I use it most of the time with an Outboard type TCW3 oil. I always use 32to one.

robinb66

Threads
At the risk of sounding repetative today's modern oils are for more advanced than they were 25 years ago, with the advances they've made in oil and lubrication technology, you could safely run some of the 50:1 ratio's and not worry. I wouldn't go to far past 50:1. but the advances in today's technology have pretty much eliminated the need for the old ashless blends.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
At the risk of sounding repetative today's modern oils are for more advanced than they were 25 years ago, with the advances they've made in oil and lubrication technology, you could safely run some of the 50:1 ratio's and not worry. I wouldn't go to far past 50:1. but the advances in today's technology have pretty much eliminated the need for the old ashless blends.

That's where I am on this issue. The newer oils are so much better I don't worry about using them at 50:1. It's probably OK to push it farther but I'm very protective of my LB collection.

I might add that this has been debated a lot in this forum. You can read about until your eyes cross. :confused2:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is one of the advantages of Amoil. Yes more expensive to buy but you use a lot less of it. I use the 100 to 1 Amoil mix in all my 2 cycle engines. Even my antique Artic Cat snowmobile which calls for a 16to 1 mix.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
100:1 ratio means theres like no oil in mix at all. How you gonna get oil to the bearings, rings, etc. if the mix ratio is 100:1. The Amsoil 2 cycle mix is junk dont waste your money on it. Just use 50:1 mix and you be fine.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
100:1 ratio means theres like no oil in mix at all. How you gonna get oil to the bearings, rings, etc. if the mix ratio is 100:1. The Amsoil 2 cycle mix is junk dont waste your money on it. Just use 50:1 mix and you be fine.

No one agrees on oil. You don't know what you are talking about here, but do what makes you feel warm and fussy.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
And here we are once again the good ole oil debate where no one is right and everyone is wrong.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
No one agrees on oil. You don't know what you are talking about here, but do what makes you feel warm and fussy.

Neither do you. 100:1 mean its getting like no oil lube to the internal parts. Even 50:1 isnt really enough oil. 32:1 is where it should be.