Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?

startrite

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?
Hi everybody I have some questions for you. I have run amsoil 100:1 saber mixed at 100:1 ratio in my current echo stuff, toro with suzuki 2 cycle engines with no problem what so ever and burn very clean. I know the lawn boys recomend 32:1 as they have for years and use that old ashless oil from the stone age.

Does anybody are can you run amsoil at 100:1 in a lawnboy 10550 duraforce engine and be safe as far as lubrication is concerned.
Do some of the die hard lawn boy guys play it safe at 80:1 or richer??
Any feedback imaginable would be great as far as tid bids on what makes theses things run great for a long time and keep carbon build up to a minimum.
I also saw that the spark plug uses a bpmr4A at a .035 gap which it says in the book but that is HUGE. Is this common i guess.

It starts and runs good and has the slightest surge to it at fast idle and you can hear it surge when on slow rpm. RPM is at 3200 and change as I checked it with a snap on digital tach.

Everybodys Thoughts??
In this thread you'll probably run into a lot of responses from old timers who will tell you to run it at the manufacturers recommendations of 16, 32, 40, and 50:1 depending on the age of your equipment. These people are scared like deer in the headlights and will only put their toes in the water on the lakeside instead of jumping in. It's just like the oil change companies brainwashing you into the 3000 mile oil change interval in your car. Why? Because they make more money if you do what they tell you to do! Lawn-Boy, TORO, Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, and many others are no different and make a lot of money selling you their branded oils. Once you give in to their cocaine tactics, you're hooked! The fact of the matter is that Amsoil was the first company to produce synthetic oil for 2-stroke engines over 43 years ago. After 43 years, you can bet that they know what they're talking about. Otherwise, they would be out of business. Personally, I run Amsoil Saber at 85:1 in all of my very expensive Stihl chainsaws, leaf blowers and string trimmers. I also use the same 85:1 Saber mix in my Lawn-Boy DuraForce equipped lawn mower. None of this equipment has any issues whatsoever except better performance, extended spark plug life, no smoke or carbon buildup and very low maintenance / operating costs. Best of all is one mix covers them all! Take the plunge, you won't be disappointed! Don't be a scaredy cat!:cool:

dcgrazier

Threads
I learned an expensive and valuable lesson. I used to mix Amsoil Saber at 100:1 in my Lawnboy. It worked fine for over 1 year. Then one day as i was mowing, the engine started to slow down and then quit. I thought it was out of fuel. I added some fuel and tried to start it. The engine pulled very hard but did start. It ran and then quit again after some noise. Long story short, the engine blew. When I tore it down, the connecting rod bearings had seized and the cap had broken also. The engine was toast. It could not be rebuilt. I had a replacement engine and put the mower back in service that way. I still use Amsoil in my 2 cycle engines. I think it is good oil. However, I mix the oil to the manufacturers specifications. If they call for 32:1, that is what I do. If they say the mix is 50:1, that is what the engine gets. I also use non ethanol gas for my 2 cycle fuel mix.

Lawnboy77

Threads
Yes these oil threads are about as useful as political discussions, but what the heck, I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. The one on the left has been run on 32 to 1 for approx. 44 years, with one restoration, the engine was still a decent runner though before the overhaul. The one on the right has been run on 16 to 1 and 32 to 1 for approx 52 years with one mechanical restoration, and it also ran decent prior to the overhaul. If someone wants to run their equipment at 100 to 1 and prove the engineers wrong, more power to them, it's your equipment, do what you want.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes these oil threads are about as useful as political discussions, but what the heck, I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. The one on the left has been run on 32 to 1 for approx. 44 years, with one restoration, the engine was still a decent runner though before the overhaul. The one on the right has been run on 16 to 1 and 32 to 1 for approx 52 years with one mechanical restoration, and it also ran decent prior to the overhaul. If someone wants to run their equipment at 100 to 1 and prove the engineers wrong, more power to them, it's your equipment, do what you want.

Just like SEX... you never knew how GREAT it was , TILL you tried it !! ( LOL ) ...:laughing: ..:cool2:

P.S. Gorgeous machines you have there... looks as if you bought em new, and put em in a storage locker till now !!

Lawnboy77

Threads
Thanks! These 2 mowers aren't garage queens, I do have a couple that are static displays, but the rest are in the starting rotation. They really don't get that dirty during the green months, just a little dusty so I give it a wipe before I park it. I do have an all weather beater that I use to cut other property with, but if I washed it up it would look like new as well. Powder coating is the way to go.

lewb

Threads
Not to bring up another oil thread: my 2 cents is that 32 to 1 is going to cool motor the best. If you are not aware LB are air cooled, heat is what kills motors and seals. Synthetics or conventional oil will perform the same when mixed at 32 to 1. Only reason to use synthetic would be less or no carbon build up in exhaust port.

jp1961

Threads
Nice Lawn-boys and very nice lawns. I actually miss not being able to cut the grass, won't be long now, the robins have returned to Michigan, and it won't be long before I have to mow, thank God.

Great exercise too,,,lol.

Regards

Jeff

TonyPrin

Threads
Sorry, but I don't see the interest in 100:1, even if it works well. There is no cost savings to speak of because Amsoil is more expensive per ounce. There is no time savings because it takes the same time to mix 100:1 or 50:1. While Amsoil is a good product, it's not appreciably superior to several others so there isn't an operational benefit.

The only benefit I've seen is that it creates a lot of discussion.

Teds

Threads
... and it won't be long before I have to mow, thank God.

Regards
Jeff

Please seek professional counseling, if not for yourself, do it for your family!!!