Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?

Phototone

Threads
  • / Questions about AMSOIL Sabre 100:1 in Lawn Boy Duraforce Engines?
Whats the big deal about just using what the manufacturer recommends?? I see this oil debate as silly. Anybody who has taken a Lawnboy engine apart can see there is no "excessive" oil remaining in a Lawnboy engine, the bearings have just a little oil coating them. The only Lawnboy engines I have ever had that visibly smoked at any point when tuned up correctly are the Duraforce models with the above-deck muffler. I say just use the 1:32 ratio Lawnboy recommends regardless of the 2-cycle oil brand used.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Neither do you. 100:1 mean its getting like no oil lube to the internal parts. Even 50:1 isnt really enough oil. 32:1 is where it should be.

Yes Amoil spent big money testing there product and they are a well known company. I just don't understand how they stay in business because you say their product is so bad and no good? I am not saying your thinking is wrong and you do it your way because that is what you are comfort with. What I am saying don't try to say to me that Amsoil is no good and as a company they don't know what they are doing. I have used there product for years and as to their instructions and never had any problems with it. Yes I use the two cycle oil 100:1 and change my car oil every 20,000 miles as they tell me to. You don't have to agree with me but that is the way I do it. I do see a lot of Amsoil users on this forum so it can't be all bad.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have a lawn boy but all my hand held equipment calls for 50:1 it's right there in the gas cap.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes Amoil spent big money testing there product and they are a well known company. I just don't understand how they stay in business because you say their product is so bad and no good? I am not saying your thinking is wrong and you do it your way because that is what you are comfort with. What I am saying don't try to say to me that Amsoil is no good and as a company they don't know what they are doing. I have used there product for years and as to their instructions and never had any problems with it. Yes I use the two cycle oil 100:1 and change my car oil every 20,000 miles as they tell me to. You don't have to agree with me but that is the way I do it. I do see a lot of Amsoil users on this forum so it can't be all bad.

I never said the Amsoil company isnt any good. Its just the 2 cycle 100:1 saber oil is a waste of money from exp on earlier post in this topic. I use the Amsoil XL oil in truck and like it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have a lawn boy but all my hand held equipment calls for 50:1 it's right there in the gas cap.

Not a thing in the world is wrong with that. If that is what your comfort zone is. Mine says the same thing and my Artic Cat calls for 16:1. My comfort zone just so happens to be Amsoil 100:1 in everything that uses 2 cycle oil except my scooters which are oil injected. Them I use just standard Wal-Mart 2 cycle oil. I have never had a lack of oil problem yet. Like I said earlier no one agrees on oil. Is there a Amoil sales person that is telling me I am wrong on this??? I am sure someone at Amsoil didn't get up one morning and just said lets start selling 100:1 two cycle oil. You can bet a lot of research went into this, in the sue happy country we live in.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not a thing in the world is wrong with that. If that is what your comfort zone is. Mine says the same thing and my Artic Cat calls for 16:1. My comfort zone just so happens to be Amsoil 100:1 in everything that uses 2 cycle oil except my scooters which are oil injected. Them I use just standard Wal-Mart 2 cycle oil. I have never had a lack of oil problem yet. Like I said earlier no one agrees on oil. Is there a Amoil sales person that is telling me I am wrong on this??? I am sure someone at Amsoil didn't get up one morning and just said lets start selling 100:1 two cycle oil. You can bet a lot of research went into this, in the sue happy country we live in.

I have never used amsoil but I know it is one of the best. My brother inlaw sells it I guess that's why I don't use it.

rebelriggs

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey yall it aint the oil that is junk it has a type ove viscosited to it its the fuel the fule today is crap with lower burning emmissions and and its pretty much denutted to burn cleaner dont blame the oil lol

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's cold and wet outside so I have nothing better to do than join the endless debate over gas/oil ratios for two-stroke engines. :cool2:

I imagine that it might be safe to go higher than 50:1 but I love my old LBs and they are getting harder to find so I have to be careful with the ones I have.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's cold and wet outside so I have nothing better to do than join the endless debate over gas/oil ratios for two-stroke engines. :cool2:

I imagine that it might be safe to go higher than 50:1 but I love my old LBs and they are getting harder to find so I have to be careful with the ones I have.

I feel the same way with my old 1973 Artic Cat snowmobile and that is the reason I use the 100:1 Amsoil. Parts are very hard to find for it anymore and if I do find parts they are used. Believe me I don't take chances any more then you. I could care less what anyone else uses so that is why I keep saying use what you are comfortable with. If you lose a engine it wouldn't cost me anything. Back when I was a young man and ran snowmobiles when ever I had the chance. I mixed the 16:1 oil and bought spark plugs by the case.

halltrash

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been using Amsoil 2 cycle oils since the mid 70's at 100:1 in every 2 cycle engine that I own. The list is Stihl , Husqvarna, Lawnboy, Suzuki mowers and trimmers, Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki motorcycles. I have had no problems and have never lost an engine due to lack of lubrication!! No I AM NOT an AMSOIL dealer!!! But I am a preferred customer so I can buy their products at a good savings. Do not be afraid to try any of their products in oils,fluids and lubes because they all worked great for me!!!