Is there a cool CL/ebay find thread?

Mike88se

Threads
LOL. Got your interest? I thought about buying it too. Sealy is only half an hour or so away. I just shipped that HR214 deck and a lot of other parts inside the box with it for $75. Dimensional weight based on the size of the box. Unless you can convince him to disassemble it you'd pay a a fair bit more than $75. Unless he's a really nice guy he isn't likely to want to do that. Disassembling a mower, finding/making a box, packing it well, and then shipping it is a PITA. I'd have to make a lot more than I made on that deck to ever do it again. By the time ebay and paypal were done with their fees (a fee on shipping cost???) I was basically doing the buyer a favor more than doing a profitable business transaction.
BTW you don't see a lot of "deals" here in the Houston area on CL. Florida on the other hand... I'd like to take a UHaul truck over there and buy some equipment to bring back and resell.
I wonder how much shipping is on that mower.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
LOL. Got your interest? I thought about buying it too. Sealy is only half an hour or so away. I just shipped that HR214 deck and a lot of other parts inside the box with it for $75. Dimensional weight based on the size of the box. Unless you can convince him to disassemble it you'd pay a a fair bit more than $75. Unless he's a really nice guy he isn't likely to want to do that. Disassembling a mower, finding/making a box, packing it well, and then shipping it is a PITA. I'd have to make a lot more than I made on that deck to ever do it again. By the time ebay and paypal were done with their fees (a fee on shipping cost???) I was basically doing the buyer a favor more than doing a profitable business transaction.
BTW you don't see a lot of "deals" here in the Houston area on CL. Florida on the other hand... I'd like to take a UHaul truck over there and buy some equipment to bring back and resell.

I thought about having you take of the transaction and shipping it to me. After all you did such a nice job shipping that grassbag frame and chute to me. LOL

Mike88se

Threads
Can you hear me laughing? :laughing::thumbsup:
If I bought it I'd clean the carb first and see how it worked then. I know there are ferrous parts even on cast aluminum deck mowers but I didn't see much in the pics. Might be a great mower. I saw one of the Honda plastic deck mowers for 50 also. Has a broken deck. Runs and cuts good the ad says. Can't you fix those decks w/ fiberglass or plastic welding? I had one of those plastic deck models w/ the lever that switches between bagging and mulching and wasn't impressed with it. Otherwise I might buy it. I've owned 3 Honda mowers and they were slow as Christmas. How is that variable speed Honda?
I thought about having you take of the transaction and shipping it to me. After all you did such a nice job shipping that grassbag frame and chute to me. LOL