Kubota ZD326

ERE

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd be interested in ideas of anyone who has a ZD series mower. I love it, and it is fast and powerful, but doing the daily lube on the pto shafts is a real pain. Anyone have a way to get at them without jacking the machine up (all 1800 lbs of it).

E

Rpeter1

Threads
Daily??????????

Is that what the manual calls for??

ERE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep. It's a commercial grade 3 cylinder diesel mower. All of the lube points are easy to access except for a shaft the drives the radiator fan and the universal on the pto shaft to the belly mower. I think the frequency is probably excessive, so I don't do it daily, but I do it every other time I mow which means about after every 8 acres or so.

Blackjackjay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your right the back drive shaft is hard to get to the only way is to jack up it up on blocks.I am a Kubota
service tech and service Kubotas daily.All the other grease fittings are easy to get to.If you flip the seat up you can get to the back u-joint on the mower drive shaft and flip up the compartment in front of the seat to get to most all the other grease fittings on the mower deck.I tell most customers to grease thier mower every fourth mowing depending on how long they mow each time. Look in your manual it will tell you your service intervals.Just make sure you keep your mower spindles greased they are expensive to replace. You don't have to grease every time you mow.

ERE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Blackjackjay,

I kinda thought there wasn't going to be an easy short cut. What you describe is pretty much what I do. I usually skip the rear drive shaft every other time. Nice to hear it from a Kubota tech - makes me feel like I didn't really miss something.

E

VRman

Threads
I own a ZD326P, and I only grease mine every 4 to 5 cuttings. I've never had to raise the machine to gain access to any other zerks. I'm not sure which one you are talking about. Do you have any pictures?

marks146

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep. It's a commercial grade 3 cylinder diesel mower. All of the lube points are easy to access except for a shaft the drives the radiator fan and the universal on the pto shaft to the belly mower. I think the frequency is probably excessive, so I don't do it daily, but I do it every other time I mow which means about after every 8 acres or so.

Are you saying there's a fitting somewhere between the engine and the radiator fan on my ZD326? I thought the fan was connected to the end of a pully fitted to a bearing shaft. Please tell me the error of my ways. :frown:

slc10844

Threads
Are you saying there's a fitting somewhere between the engine and the radiator fan on my ZD326? I thought the fan was connected to the end of a pully fitted to a bearing shaft. Please tell me the error of my ways. :frown:

There is a short shaft between the engine and the transmission with 3 grease fittings. Recommended service interval is 50 hrs. Illustration is on page 52 of Operator's Manual. You have to reach them from under the machine. Jack the rear of the tractor up and rotate the engine using the flywheel to get the fittings facing toward the ground. Don't forget to use safety stands.

Last edited:

KJINTF

Threads
I believe you can access a few of the rear shaft zerk fittings from under this plate

Attachments

• DSC03356 w arror.jpg
    DSC03356 w arror.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 82

slc10844

Threads
I believe you can access a few of the rear shaft zerk fittings from under this plate

Try removing the cover and see if you can access the fittings. I could never get my cover off. I don't think you can get to all three fittings through the opening after the cover is removed. I just rotate the shaft to get the fittings pointed down and grease them from underneath.