36" Trimstar Steering Linkage

jonathansc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a demo Hustler Trimstar 36". I am having real issues with the steering linkage rods. I bought it with 42 hours on the machine. It now has just under 50. Little usage so far and primarily on open field space. The rods were at first coming unattached at the top?hreaded rings vibrating loose (I guess) on one side. That repair was made and now the other side is having the same issue. In the meantime, the clip on the bottom of the rod is now coming undone.

The local dealer is being really good about repairs so far, but I know that might be short lived. Anyone else have (or have heard of) issues with these parts? I am trying to decide how pushy to be about an outright return if it comes down to it.

I think I will follow up with Hustler tomorrow as well to check on replacement/repair options myself just to be able to keep the dealer honest. No reason to not trust them, but this is my first dealing with them or anyone else on this level and just like to have my crap in a pile so that I don't get blind sided.

Thanks for any help you can be.