Repairs JD sx95 Starts and runs,quits when put into gear

telephoneman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have checked all switches and they are ok.Any chance it could be the John Deere Relay - AT75769?I'm really not sure what the relay does.Starts fine and runs well,when I try to shift into gear it kills the engine.Any help would be appreciated.

telephoneman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have checked all switches and they are ok.Any chance it could be the John Deere Relay - AT75769?I'm really not sure what the relay does.Starts fine and runs well,when I try to shift into gear it kills the engine.Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like I'll answer my own question in the hope it helps others.After going thru the entire wiring on the machine I finally proved the problem to be the neutral transmission switch. To prove it I disconnected the switch at the connector at the rear of mower,placed a strap on it and mower worked as it should.Hope this helps.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like I'll answer my own question in the hope it helps others.After going thru the entire wiring on the machine I finally proved the problem to be the neutral transmission switch. To prove it I disconnected the switch at the connector at the rear of mower,placed a strap on it and mower worked as it should.Hope this helps.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Check out part 26 in numeric order left hand column, part # AM36886.http://www.greenfarmparts.com/John-Deere-Neutral-Start-Switch-AM36886-p/am36886.htm