John Deere Z665 starts hard

PtownBubba

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do any z665 owners have issues with starting their mower,,,, cold or first start of the day ??
Mine was new this spring, and is the hardest starting machine of any kind I have ever had. ran the battery down once this summer,, just trying to start it.
The throttle/choke single lever setup is horrible,,,,, has to be a throttle choke issue,, 'cause if I just crack the throttle a lil' and close choke with my finger ,, it starts way better,,,,,

I was planning on installing a manual choke next spring,,,,,,,,, 'spose that messes up the warranty ?

M-One

Forum Newbie
Threads
:smile::thumbsup:
Do any z665 owners have issues with starting their mower,,,, cold or first start of the day ??
Mine was new this spring, and is the hardest starting machine of any kind I have ever had. ran the battery down once this summer,, just trying to start it.
The throttle/choke single lever setup is horrible,,,,, has to be a throttle choke issue,, 'cause if I just crack the throttle a lil' and close choke with my finger ,, it starts way better,,,,,

I was planning on installing a manual choke next spring,,,,,,,,, 'spose that messes up the warranty ?

PtownBubba mine was the same way the choke throttle cable is not adjusted properly

Last edited: