John Deer vs Honda

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I've always been pretty biased toward Honda lawn mowers, (or anything from the Honda brand) but I keep hearing amazing things about John Deer? Which do you prefer? Why?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've always been pretty biased toward Honda lawn mowers, (or anything from the Honda brand) but I keep hearing amazing things about John Deer? Which do you prefer? Why?

Honda is a very good name in about everything that they put their name on...
That is not necessarily true anymore with John Deere, they have weakened their good name by allowing the name to be associated with some less than high end equipment... but then just about all the old standard names are being misused these days... it seems to be all about market share, but I can;t think it is going to be good for the names that get cheepened with really low end products... :smile:KennyV

LandN

Threads
I can only speak of toro and john deere as that is all i've owned/used.. my john deere tractor is an entry level model and during its 5+ years of use and abuse it still sings like new. i have maintained it well every year and used it not only on normal yards but on very very rough terrain such as open fields and road-side ditches and through it all the part i dont like is the clogging of the collection tube when i bag leaves in the fall time,......my 1 1/2 year old john deere push mower cuts well and starts very easy, pull start as well as electric start.. and is good on gas ....NOW that the john deere commercial duty self propelled push mower is out (and 'made' by john deere) i will be trading in my older mower in on that new one.. asap my toro's have all been good mowers also through the years.

mac

Threads
While I might agree with you about the 100 series John Deere Mowers (Briggs powered), Every John Deere peoduct I^ve owned with the Kawasacki motor has been flawless. Try buying a Honda riding mower of any type, mower to tractor, and you^ll definately go away with sticker shock. And if you do buy a new or used one, When you buy parts for it you^ll feel like you^re paying off the National debt. If I^m going to send that kind of money, I`ll buy American, thank you very much.

jenkinsph

Threads
Both brands make some very good products, for my uses the Deere was a good fit and matches my other tractors too. Living off the beaten path, the Deere dealer has better overall service and parts availability by far, it is about a four hour drive to the Honda sales center.