Insurance!!

BHLC

Threads
The necessary evil...called...Insurance...
Just renewed/reworked our insurance for the trucks, equipment and general liability, $3200 for the year... Ouch! Ohh well gotta have it.

LoCo86

Threads
The necessary evil...called...Insurance... Just renewed/reworked our insurance for the trucks, equipment and general liability, $3200 for the year... Ouch! Ohh well gotta have it.

The premiums do hurt the wallet. On the other hand paying hundreds of thousands of dollars cause a object thrown from the mower put someone's eye out makes it worth it. Those type of accidents can severely hurt or ruin a business. Like you say it's a necessity.

mowerman05

Threads
So many operate without it, makes you wonder how they sleep. They must have the mentality that it can't happen to them.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Insurance is a must have.
Had a guy claim that I hit a rock and broke his car window. I made him take me to court. His car was in a few pics we took of the yard. Looked at my pics on that yard back 4 months and the window was broke in everyone.

Why people do not have insurance and LLC I will never understand

BHLC

Threads
There are a lot of so called "professionals" around here that run without it, or not enough of it. We need coverage for mowing activities and snow removal. Also each of my big tickets items are covered against almost anything for complete replacement value. I looked at adding E&O coverage but it was ridiculous!

LoCo86

Threads
There are a lot of so called "professionals" around here that run without it, or not enough of it. We need coverage for mowing activities and snow removal. Also each of my big tickets items are covered against almost anything for complete replacement value. I looked at adding E&O coverage but it was ridiculous!

To me you can never have enough insurance, but there has to be a line drawn where enough is enough. And I think that E&O insurance would be a little overboard for someone who does residential clients only. However, if you have large commercial accounts I can see how it would be needed. For the most part anything done in this business can be fixed ( at a cost to the contractor of course). It's not like a surgeon who took the wrong kidney out.

zliss4398

Forum Newbie
Threads
The necessary evil...called...Insurance...
Just renewed/reworked our insurance for the trucks, equipment and general liability, $3200 for the year... Ouch! Ohh well gotta have it.

Hello,
I am a 19yr old kid that is starting to cut lawns. This is my second season and with that I generated a lot of new lawns over the winter. Im currently looking into small business insurance quotes. If there is anything you would recommend or ant certain insurance company to use would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Zach

sidemouse

Threads
Some people need insurance, some people don't.

Insurance is a must have.
Had a guy claim that I hit a rock and broke his car window. I made him take me to court.

I had a potential customer ask me if I had insurance, I said it's not required.
The customer's answer: The hell it ain't.
Not going to argue with that.

stevesyardcare

Forum Newbie
Threads
As much as we hate paying for insurance, it has to be done. Its pretty much our safety blanket...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some people need insurance, some people don't.

I had a potential customer ask me if I had insurance, I said it's not required.
The customer's answer: The hell it ain't.
Not going to argue with that.

Some people think playing Russian Roulette is a good idea to.
If you are mowing you need insurance, both for yourself and any damage done to anyone/thing else.
The simplist thing, like a trimmer falling off the trailer & being struck by a following car that swerves and causes a mulit vehicle smash can go into the millions.
Some one yelling at yo, so you turn your head then then run over your own foot can have you in hospital for a long time, sooo easy to happen.