best chainsaw

monica123

Threads
Were in the market for a new chainsaw, our old one died this spring. We cut our own firewood so what type would you recommend?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stihl has been reliable for me -- part of it depends on what dealers are available in your area -- I haven't needed the dealer for anything except purchase, chains, filters, etc. I have an 026 Pro 20" and an 009 16"

I do try to run them dry before storage and use Sta-Bil with the gas/oil mix.

Zeroturn

Threads
We only own Stihl's here at my place. We have numerous ones and they are all different sizes. We haven't had too many problems with them at all. I would stick with the Stihl line.

rekees

Threads
ditto -- Stihl is the best selling chainsaw in the world and there's a reason for that. The MS 290 Farm Boss would be a good choice.

Natureboy

Threads
I've had my Echo's for years, would'nt swap them for any other brand.

glastron23

Threads
It's orange all the way.... Husqvarna... first one i bought was in 1976, a 162. worked it in the woods for several years cutting red and white pines. bought a second 162 ran it for several years and still have this one. upgraded to a 480 for felling and bucking, heavy but LOTS of power, still have this one also. then got a 262 and ran it LOTS, still have this one too. Retired 15 years ago from heavy logging but bought a 354XP for the fire wood pile. We still have an old 922 Homelite for those city people who think that anyone can cut fire wood all day and still walk straight after..LOL . have had a Partner ,Stihl, Pioneer, McCulloch (i think it's still in that beaver pond) and Jonsered (just a husqvarna painted red) still have a few of these in the shop and most still run .... Jim

Rip

Threads
I'm not a professional chainsaw user, but I live in pulpwood cutting territory. I see many more Stihl saws on the back of trucks than any other brand.

That's why I own 2 of them.

Whatever you buy...be sure to buy a saw big enough to meet your needs or you're going to be working twice as hard.

Rip

damitray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,,Ive had a Husqvarna for 20 years and it still starts up like new.
When I'm done with it I also run the fuel out....:thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
Stihl has been the best saw I've owned.always starts and cuts good.I just bought the FS 90 weed trimmer with the handle bar option.great machine so far. russ

monica123

Threads
We had a Stihl but it died last fall, something about the place where you crank it to get it going is messed up and we can get it fixed but were told it was probably cheaper to buy a new one than fix the old one.