Hustler vs Dixon

fosterlinn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been looking at buying a new zero turn mower in the near future. I have narrowed my choices to the Hustler Fastrack 60 inch deck, or the Dixon Ultra ztr 61 inch deck. The Hustler is about $800 dollars more. The cost is about $5800. I guess I would like to know how good the Dixon brand is. They both look like pretty sturdy machines. Any input would be appreciated. I will be mowing just over an acre. Thanks.

PVHIII

Threads
I have been looking at buying a new zero turn mower in the near future. I have narrowed my choices to the Hustler Fastrack 60 inch deck, or the Dixon Ultra ztr 61 inch deck. The Hustler is about $800 dollars more. The cost is about $5800. I guess I would like to know how good the Dixon brand is. They both look like pretty sturdy machines. Any input would be appreciated. I will be mowing just over an acre. Thanks.

Compare warranties and engines

Hustling

Threads
Either of those mowers would absolutely toy with a little over an acre of grass... Dixons are very good mowers so are Hustlers. Pick the one you really want, even if it is 800 dollars more, because it will last you forever and you might as well open your garage door to the mower of your dreams. :cool:

Also consider a gently used model... unless you just have too much $$$.

MRCo.

Threads
Either of those mowers would absolutely toy with a little over an acre of grass... Dixons are very good mowers so are Hustlers. Pick the one you really want, even if it is 800 dollars more, because it will last you forever and you might as well open your garage door to the mower of your dreams. :cool:

Also consider a gently used model... unless you just have too much $$$.
Great reply!

On spec checking, get the Hustler. The Dixon has a Courage engine and you don't want those! Homeowner grade and problematic. The Hustler has the Kawi, much better. And if you can afford to step up to the HD you get a Kawi FX, full commercial level engine.

fosterlinn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great reply!

On spec checking, get the Hustler. The Dixon has a Courage engine and you don't want those! Homeowner grade and problematic. The Hustler has the Kawi, much better. And if you can afford to step up to the HD you get a Kawi FX, full commercial level engine.

Thanks for the info to all who have responded. This weekend i will probably be getting a Hustler Fastrack super duty 60" with a Honda engine

PVHIII

Threads
Thanks for the info to all who have responded. This weekend i will probably be getting a Hustler Fastrack super duty 60" with a Honda engine

I would go with the Kawasaki engine...better reviews than Honda when it comes to larger mower engines..just my opinion