Engine Oil

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hmmm...certainly no consensus. Guess I'll be trying good old Mobil 1, like I used to use in my truck.

I just use good old Mobil 5000 10w30 in all my stuff, have for years without problems. Change everything every 50 hours.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Hello
I run Pennzoil Untra synthetic engine oil in all of my 4-cycle gas engine. The reason is simple, no Other Oil on the Market Can begin to compare to it period. It has the top shear strength of any engine Oil produced, and Team Penske run's right out of the bottle in their Indy engine car's that turn 15,000 RPM's without any engine failure's from it. I figure if their engine Turning 15,000 RPM's can stay together using it surely my Onan P-218 in my John Deere 318 will last running 3600 RPM's. Regards, Hammerdown

Onan performer engines rarley fail from lubrication issues,if you want it to last more than 1500 hrs make sure the rubber seal that goes around the oil filter and seals against the engine shroud is in place! Do not run the engine without it,you will drop the exhaust valve seat on that cylinder(same as oil filter) if you tossed it after an oil change.Ive seen so many ppl blame the engine design when it was them who took about 25 percent of the cooling away from that head...

I use Shaeffers x7000 and x9000 supreme oils,we've had very good luck with them been running it about 20 years no with very good engine life and durability..

PVHIII

Threads
I'm thinking about going synthetic with my LA135. Any particular brands you fellas recommend for JD products? Or possibly, any you recommend I steer clear of? It won't need to be changed for a while, yet, I just want to be prepared.

ROYAL PURPLE....is what I use...but I will say in an air cooled engine..which runs hotter than liquid cooled engines... a good synthetic is a wise choice... some folks on here don't believe in it at all ...use what gives you the piece of mind your looking for...premium non ethanol fuel and premium synthetic oil is just good insurance in my opinion and everybody has one when it comes to this topic

Stevie-Ray

Threads
ROYAL PURPLE....is what I use...but I will say in an air cooled engine..which runs hotter than liquid cooled engines... a good synthetic is a wise choice... some folks on here don't believe in it at all ...use what gives you the piece of mind your looking for...premium non ethanol fuel and premium synthetic oil is just good insurance in my opinion and everybody has one when it comes to this topic
I completely agree. I'm going to do a bit more reasearch, but I'm definitely going synthetic. Thanks, guys.

Hammerdown

Threads
I completely agree. I'm going to do a bit more reasearch, but I'm definitely going synthetic. Thanks, guys.

Hello Stevie ray & Other's
Here is an Oil test that I ran across on the Net. It is about Quaker State Defy brand oil, but the test Involve's all current Synthetic engine oil brand's out there. I found out that Pennzoil Ultra was the Top Oil in actual Shear strength test's. If you want a real eye opener click on this link to read the outcome of all the current Synthetic engine oil's out there. When I found this I had all ready been using Pennzoil Platinum as well as their Ultra so I was Not surprised to see that it ranked as the Top Oil offered in todays market. Regards, Hammerdown

Quaker State’s New “Defy” Motor Oil – Lab Test and Wear Test Data - Corvette Forum

Jhon

Threads
It's all good. Even Walmart brand if you get the proper rating and change it enough.

I buy the JD tune up kit and it comes with JD oil. And you and I know, JD does not refine oil.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Hello Stevie ray & Other's
Here is an Oil test that I ran across on the Net. It is about Quaker State Defy brand oil, but the test Involve's all current Synthetic engine oil brand's out there. I found out that Pennzoil Ultra was the Top Oil in actual Shear strength test's. If you want a real eye opener click on this link to read the outcome of all the current Synthetic engine oil's out there. When I found this I had all ready been using Pennzoil Platinum as well as their Ultra so I was Not surprised to see that it ranked as the Top Oil offered in todays market. Regards, Hammerdown

Quaker State痴 New 泥efy Motor Oil Lab Test and Wear Test Data - Corvette Forum
Hmmm....thanks for that link. When viewing that, I am again quite impressed with Mobil 1, which I have on hand. Certainly still one of the best.:thumbsup: