Starting out

Dscheoeder83

Threads
I'm looking at picking up a few yards to do this next season. Hoping to find sone rentals that the tenants don't want to deal with buying the equip and taking the time to mow the yards. Most likely I'd be able to just side discharge or mulch. On an average sized yard I'm thinking I could have it cut trimmed and sidewalks blown off within 30-45 mins. Is $15 a fair price for that? I'm just doing it on the side for "beer money"

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems like a lot of work just for a case of beer. How about a roof over your head, eating and buying a mower?

Dscheoeder83

Threads
It's just something to do on the side, and I enjoy working outside on weekends as a way to unwind from the workweek. Not specifically for the beer fund...just as an expression :)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm looking at picking up a few yards to do this next season. Hoping to find sone rentals that the tenants don't want to deal with buying the equip and taking the time to mow the yards. Most likely I'd be able to just side discharge or mulch. On an average sized yard I'm thinking I could have it cut trimmed and sidewalks blown off within 30-45 mins. Is $15 a fair price for that? I'm just doing it on the side for "beer money"

Personally I hate rental property's, I don't do them only as a last resort. People who rent for the most part don't care about there lawns and leave all kinds of junk all over the place and between picking up there yard and then mowing you end up spending to much time to make any money.

Dscheoeder83

Threads
I understand where you're coming from, my parents owned rentals when i was in high school Just thought it might be the easiest way to "get my foot in the door"

LoCo86

Threads
Ric is right. Stay away from rentals. Unless the owner cares less what it looks like as long as it's mowed. If that's the case mow it as fast as you can and let the tenets know that anything they leave in the yard probably will get run over. Thera not much money in rentals or duplexes. Just try for owners of residential properties.

LoCo86

Threads
And as far as the $15 dollars per yard. I personally have a $40 minimum. $15 dollars isn't even worth dropping the trailer gate.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I understand where you're coming from, my parents owned rentals when i was in high school Just thought it might be the easiest way to "get my foot in the door"

That it may be, getting seen by other people can lead to more clients for sure and 15$ per yard depending on the size of the yard isn't all that bad. If you can do 3 per hour that's 45$ and hour and as you say it's just doing it on the side to make a little extra.

possum

Threads
No yards get mowed around here for less than $30. That's to mow it rough trim the worst of it . No sidewalks edged, no driveways slicked up, no blowing. No picking up trash or walnuts or leaves or whatever. Around here renters who have to keep up a lawn buy the cheapest MTD or HOP lawnmower they can fine and cut the lawn about 4 times per year. When they leave the sell the mower and go to the next place.