John Deere RX 95

Butch1957

Threads
I was given this old tractor by my grandfather and I have a dilemma: It has a 12.5 Kawasaki electric start engine. Very sound running engine and worth keeping but when it is running and I engage the shifter for forward or reverse the engine will die. There is no safety switch under the seat. I pigged tailed the wires that run to the Trans Neutral Safety Switch that is located on top of the transmission and when I do so the tractor works fine in either gear. So I replaced the Trans Neutral Safety Switch with a new one and it does the same thing. But when I pig tail the wires leading to the switch it works fine.

Does anybody have a suggestion ?

Please Respond.

Thanks.

BBO

Threads
II replaced the Trans Neutral Safety Switch with a new one and it does the same thing. But when I pig tail the wires leading to the switch it works fine. Does anybody have a suggestion ?

I suppose this switch works from the brake. So you could check all the linkage to the brake to see if it has the brake on.

I am not familiar with the RX95 but most mowers will simply not start unless the brake is set on.
Are you sure it will move & mow fine and normal with the jumper on?

Will it start without the jumper on?
Strange details...

chiefridd4

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was given this old tractor by my grandfather and I have a dilemma: It has a 12.5 Kawasaki electric start engine. Very sound running engine and worth keeping but when it is running and I engage the shifter for forward or reverse the engine will die. There is no safety switch under the seat. I pigged tailed the wires that run to the Trans Neutral Safety Switch that is located on top of the transmission and when I do so the tractor works fine in either gear. So I replaced the Trans Neutral Safety Switch with a new one and it does the same thing. But when I pig tail the wires leading to the switch it works fine.

Does anybody have a suggestion ?

Please Respond.

Thanks.
Did exactly same and got running. Thanks for the info.