Fastrak SD for commercial use

PVHIII

Threads
I recently purchased a Fastrak SD and I plan on trying to pick up a few commercial accounts to mow and who knows if things go as planned I may grow that into a small lawn care buisiness and Purchase a Super Z HD.I've always enjoyed mowing even when I had my Troy-Built lawn tractor but since I've purchased my first ZTR when there's no grass to cut I find it hard not to hop on it for just cruise down my drive way lol.So I thought since I enjoy it so much it sure would be nice to make a lil money while having fun..I just like to hear from anyone including some lawn pros on how well you think this machine will perform and hold up for a mowing season or two until I can upgrade to a more commercial heavier duty machine which as I said will be a Super Z HD or possibly an X1..it will definitely be a Hustler...some advice from some lawn pros would be extremely appreciated... THANKS

gabowman

Threads
Well, I'm no pro and I dont mow commercially, but I know a couple guys that do mow 8-10 yards weekly using mowers that came from the big box stores made for home use only. Theyre mowers are holding up and theyre making money albeit theyre not trying to compete with the pros doing the amounts of grass cutting theyre doing. I own a Hustler SD and I'd say theyre plenty enough mower to do whatever jobs you would want to run your equipment thru. I say go for it. :)

PVHIII

Threads
Well, I'm no pro and I dont mow commercially, but I know a couple guys that do mow 8-10 yards weekly using mowers that came from the big box stores made for home use only. Theyre mowers are holding up and theyre making money albeit theyre not trying to compete with the pros doing the amounts of grass cutting theyre doing. I own a Hustler SD and I'd say theyre plenty enough mower to do whatever jobs you would want to run your equipment thru. I say go for it. :)

Man I really appreciate your help and any advice would be appreciated as well..thanks again

edd

Threads
i bought a sd this january and have put 200 hrs on it this year......they are commercial grade

cudaaa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had ftsd for 3 years put on 250 hr I am only trading it because I want a 60" I pic up my x1i tomorrow. You will have no problems with this machine its a good machine! :smile:

MRCo.

Threads
For a few yards as a bonus to the day job it is plenty of mower: entry commercial level tranny, commercial FX engines. The deck is your main compromise, being shallower than a commercial deck with less heavy duty spindles. But good, sharp blades make the most difference to your qoc. Commercial mowers have more up to deck size, and speed...etc. but I think you're good to go.

edd

Threads
i rode an x1 a few weeks ago.......believe it is all the mower most people would ever need.......super z is nice but is overkill in most situations