tipped over, now it wont start.

ekudog

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower accidentally tipped over. It was quickly set upright. It was inspected and nothing appeared to be damaged. Everything appeared to be working properly, but it would not start. It has a new battery but it seems to be struggling to turn over. I tried a number of times to start it but it would barely turn over. I then could smell a plastic type odor and noticed the starter was smoking and was very hot. After it cooled down it still would just barely turn over. The starter is on the side that did not hit the ground when the mower turned over. What are the obvious places to check (other than the starter) that might be causing the problem? The mower is a L100. Thanks for any help in advance.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The mower accidentally tipped over. It was quickly set upright. It was inspected and nothing appeared to be damaged. Everything appeared to be working properly, but it would not start. It has a new battery but it seems to be struggling to turn over. I tried a number of times to start it but it would barely turn over. I then could smell a plastic type odor and noticed the starter was smoking and was very hot. After it cooled down it still would just barely turn over. The starter is on the side that did not hit the ground when the mower turned over. What are the obvious places to check (other than the starter) that might be causing the problem? The mower is a L100. Thanks for any help in advance.

Check the oil I bet it is full of gas.
If it is them drain the oil and refill with new oil.

If no gas in the oil pull the spark plug and crank the engine over. Do not let the spark plug wire hang in front of the plug hole it could spark and start a fire.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))