Lawn Boy year model confusion

reivertom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello guys,
Today I bought a vintage Lawn boy mower and I want to use it because it's small and lightweight, and I just like tinkering with old stuff. It has a tag with "Model number 3057, and serial number 6058287. I did some research on the web and found a manual with a model/serial list, but my mower doesn't jive. According to the list my model is from 1972, but the serial number puts it in 1966. Do any of you guys know another place to find out about Lawn Boy model years? The good news is that both listings have the same engine series listed. Confused.....thanks

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I looked it up on PartsTree.com -- they said the 3057 was only made in 1972. Where did the 1966 come from?

Anyway, it looks like a nice old bricktop... so congratulations.

Please post a photo if possible.

reivertom

Forum Newbie
Threads
The serial number range didn't match the ones listed, so I looked at earlier years and found the range for 1966 more closely matched my number. The 1972 range started at 200000000 and mine is in the 6 million range.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes the serial numbers on the mowers have fewer digits than they should according to online sources. I don't know why. :confused2:

However, I'm pretty confident that your mower is a 1972.

reivertom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes the serial numbers on the mowers have fewer digits than they should according to online sources. I don't know why. :confused2:

However, I'm pretty confident that your mower is a 1972.

Thanks, I could tell by looking around at different lists that the numbers didn't seem to make a lot of sense through the years.

LB8210

Threads
Model ID info. is available on Lawn Boy's web site. 1972 is the year that matches your model number. You can also look at the parts list to help id the shroud style on your mower.

reivertom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I guess 1972 it is! Now where can I get some nice "Lawn Boy Green" paint?

LB8210

Threads
I went to a automotive paint supply co. , National Coatings& Supplies. They were able to mix Lawn Boy color Turf Green that was a match. Other people have used a Dupli- Color Grabber Green in the engine enamel 500 degree paint, that would be gas resistant if it matches and would be cheaper than the auto paint.

reivertom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went to a automotive paint supply co. , National Coatings& Supplies. They were able to mix Lawn Boy color Turf Green that was a match. Other people have used a Dupli- Color Grabber Green in the engine enamel 500 degree paint, that would be gas resistant if it matches and would be cheaper than the auto paint.

Thanks a lot for the paint tip. I don't care too much if it is perfect because the mower has been painted a crappy color that has to go.. I figure if I'm going to get it running and use it, I might as well spruce it up a little bit.

Last edited:

jp1961

Threads
If you live near a hobby shop, Tamiya Color makes a light green (TS-22 light green) very close to Lawn-Boy green. The spray cans are small, so I'd buy two. PlasticKote made small cans of spray paint called Odds and Ends, they had a light green close to L.B. green, but I think they stopped making it.