Best buy for 2 1/2 acre mowing ?

PJDudley

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've posted this in TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum by mistake as well. After a while I will remove it from there.

Hello. I have been mowing my hilly, bumpy uneven 2.5 acres with my troybilt super bronco 19 hp 42" deck for about 6 years now and have beat the heck out of that poor machine. Replaced numerous steering bushings, ball joints and steering rack gear but other than that it's been a tough li'l mower. I've even bush hogged my garden with it. Steering is getting quite a bit shakey lately, but I've already got parts for it. But the other day the transmission gave in. Started jerking and making 'klanking' noises. I was able to drive it to the barn in reverse. And now I have a fellow putting a 2nd hand tranny in it just to get it going again. All in all for $1250 new I can't complain, but I do believe It's time for a change.

I am going to buy a new mower as soon as I save up a little more money. I'm talking 2000 max. Being on a fixed income I have limitations on expense. What lawn tractor should I be looking at ?

Hilly, bumpy uneven 2.5 acres. $2000 limit.

I failed to mention my location. I live in Dunn, NC in case you have a solution/sale.

TIA

Paul

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think your going to have a hard time getting a new machine that can handle the abuse you give it for 2k.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your looking for a rider I have a cub cadet ltx 1040 For the price your looking at $1200 it is a good mower.
Now your going to get people on here telling you a rider will not cut 2 acres more than once or twice that's because they never have used one. I cut 50 to 100 yards a week with mine and I beat the crap out of mine.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

metz12

Threads
If your looking for a rider I have a cub cadet ltx 1040 For the price your looking at $1200 it is a good mower.
Now your going to get people on here telling you a rider will not cut 2 acres more than once or twice that's because they never have used one. I cut 50 to 100 yards a week with mine and I beat the crap out of mine.

i agree 100%. i like how sturdy cubs are built. though ive never used one ive heard good things about them. and also, though ive never mowed with my craftsman, that thing has been put through some tests. ive pulled trees out of the woods about a foot wide. also, ran the thing for hours during the winter and carried trailers full of wood. havent done anything but replaced bearings in the steering column, and of course changed the oil.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've posted this in TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum by mistake as well. After a while I will remove it from there.

Hello. I have been mowing my hilly, bumpy uneven 2.5 acres with my troybilt super bronco 19 hp 42" deck for about 6 years now and have beat the heck out of that poor machine. Replaced numerous steering bushings, ball joints and steering rack gear but other than that it's been a tough li'l mower. I've even bush hogged my garden with it. Steering is getting quite a bit shakey lately, but I've already got parts for it. But the other day the transmission gave in. Started jerking and making 'klanking' noises. I was able to drive it to the barn in reverse. And now I have a fellow putting a 2nd hand tranny in it just to get it going again. All in all for $1250 new I can't complain, but I do believe It's time for a change.

I am going to buy a new mower as soon as I save up a little more money. I'm talking 2000 max. Being on a fixed income I have limitations on expense. What lawn tractor should I be looking at ?

Hilly, bumpy uneven 2.5 acres. $2000 limit.

I failed to mention my location. I live in Dunn, NC in case you have a solution/sale.

TIA

Paul

Same advice I gave you in your other thread:0)

If you have a Husqvarna dealer nearby, check out the YTH24K48 @ MSRP of $1,899. That lawn tractor will do the job for you and serve you well!!!
Here's a link for you to take a look at it:

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/garden-tractors/fast-tractor-yth24k48/

sumalewya1

Forum Newbie
Threads
if one or more acres of your land is field put mini goats on it save gas

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I agree with you I ran the LT 1045 cub and you couldn't kill the thing and it will mow anything you want to mow. If your not trying to mow 15, 20 lawns a day and speed isn't an issue then the Cub Lawn Tractor are the way to go.

metz12

Threads
Same advice I gave you in your other thread:0)

If you have a Husqvarna dealer nearby, check out the YTH24K48 @ MSRP of $1,899. That lawn tractor will do the job for you and serve you well!!!
Here's a link for you to take a look at it:

HUSQVARNA FAST TRACTOR

those huskys look good too. that will get the job done.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
those huskys look good too. that will get the job done.

Yep, and if you want a real honker step up to the YT48XLS that comes with a fabricated deck(rare on a lawn tractor) a Kawasaki engine and a locking differential hydro tranny. And a Homeowner Warranty with 3 Year Limited / 5 Year Chassis and Axle / Lifetime Limited Deck Shell ain't bad either........of course it's a cool $1k more that the YTH24K48 model:0(

metz12

Threads
the locking differential seems really cool. i like the fact that they thought of that for plowing snow and such. but when it comes with the locking transaxle, i think it should come with wheel weights and chains!