Buying Advice Lasting ztr

Confused

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am 43 years old I have bought my last house and I want to bye my last mower I have two acres with trees and have been looking at ztrs and want to spend less than $5000 any advice ? Something that will hold up ?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I am 43 years old I have bought my last house and I want to bye my last mower I have two acres with trees and have been looking at ztrs and want to spend less than $5000 any advice ? Something that will hold up ?

Maybe more then 5000$ I am think around 6000 The Exmark Pioneer with a large deck will last you a long time :thumbsup:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Look this winter for a good used commercial mower with low hrs. It'll last and you'll get a lot bigger bang for your buck than buying a new homeowner model mower.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go buy a Kubota 0 down and 0 interest. It will be more money but it will last you as long as you live.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most any good commercial mower will last a homeowner for years and years if they preform the maintenance that needs to be done. I'd have to agree with Sprinkler Buddy Look this winter for a good used Commercial grade mower maybe off of Craigslist with low hrs. It will last you years and you'll get a lot bigger bang for your buck. Most new homeowner model mowers, the type you would buy at Home Depot or Lowes won't last for the numbers of years you'll require to be your last mower. Something like this

2006 52" Hustler Commercial Zero-Turn Lawn Mower - $3500

00K0K_bxvruOQHSfl_600x450.jpg

2006 52" Hustler Commercial Zero-Turn Lawn Mower

-18 HP 2 Cylinder Honda Motor
-Auto type full lubrication (with oil filter)
-Three new blades
-52" commercial deck (built up)
-152 hours
-Dual fuel tanks
-Just installed two brand new hydraulic wheel pumps (motors)
-Runs and looks great

$3,500 OBO. Can Deliver.

(352) 583-0420

[h=2]Exmark Lazer Z Zero Turn Commercial 52 inch cut - $3200[/h]
00d0d_k2afipxMq25_600x450.jpg

STUPID LOW ORIGINAL HOURS here is my exmark its a 52 inch cut , im not mowing anymore so it must go. the price is firm at 3200. i just bought brand new rear tires yesterday. this is a great machine no rust what so ever very tight hydros, engine has lots of power. it has a 27 horse Kohloer engine !!!!

i AM NOT LOOKING TO TRADE!!!

CASH ONLY 3200.00 if you know what you are looking at this is a great deal i

863 370 2485
and guess what it only has 340 hours do you realize that is unheard of for a Commercial used mower that has only been used on 1 residence its entire life !!!these sell all the time with 8-1500 plus hours this machine will easily run 4k plus hours with the continued oil changes the way it has been since day 1 from one owner to you.
zero turn mower snapper hustler exmark toro z master scag lazer z super z lawn mower zero turn landscape mower

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Buying a used commercial(like the examples user Ric provided) will be the only way you can get something that will mow 2 acres for as long as you will need one(43 is kinda young for buying a "last anything"). Otherwise, the suggestion of $5k-$6K(and for a new ZTR, I would recommend $6k-$8K for a entry-to-mid-level commercial that properly maintainted would last 20+ years). If you go lowball and get a used commercial, are mechanically inclined to deal with any problems associated from mowing dozens of yards a day/week then you may be OK. I spent close to $7K on my "last mower"....but then again I'm getting ready to retire and have almost 20 years on you. Mine, most likely, will serve my son....and my grandson very well long after I'm gone. Think about it.....could you go out right now and by a car or truck that would be the last one you ever buy???? A machine, even well kept only lasts so long(although I do have a 1995 Chevy Silverado Z-71 with 235K miles(original owner) that will outlive me so it "is possible". Good luck finding your last mower(take a look at the Gravely 100 XDZ ZTR's if you have a nearby dealer.....just don't expect to get in one for $5K:0).

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Buying a used commercial(like the examples user Ric provided) will be the only way you can get something that will mow 2 acres for as long as you will need one(43 is kinda young for buying a "last anything"). Otherwise, the suggestion of $5k-$6K(and for a new ZTR, I would recommend $6k-$8K for a entry-to-mid-level commercial that properly maintainted would last 20+ years). If you go lowball and get a used commercial, are mechanically inclined to deal with any problems associated from mowing dozens of yards a day/week then you may be OK. I spent close to $7K on my "last mower"....but then again I'm getting ready to retire and have almost 20 years on you. Mine, most likely, will serve my son....and my grandson very well long after I'm gone. Think about it.....could you go out right now and by a car or truck that would be the last one you ever buy???? A machine, even well kept only lasts so long(although I do have a 1995 Chevy Silverado Z-71 with 235K miles(original owner) that will outlive me so it "is possible". Good luck finding your last mower(take a look at the Gravely 100 XDZ ZTR's if you have a nearby dealer.....just don't expect to get in one for $5K:0).

I don't know about the location of the OP and Craigslist but here you can find deals like the examples I posted all the time. If you keep watch on the list at the end of the season someone is always wanting to sell to upgrade or even because they've decided to leave the business. Here's another just posted yesterday that is if you like Gravely:wink:

Gravely Stand Up Mower - $2900

00h0h_fdQloDCGQeS_600x450.jpg

Gravely stand up mowers. Low hours. Great condition. Ready to use, great for lawn service. Works well for tight spaces.

Call Oren for more details or to see mower.
813-541-8613

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know about the location of the OP and Craigslist but here you can find deals like the examples I posted all the time. If you keep watch on the list at the end of the season someone is always wanting to sell to upgrade or even because they've decided to leave the business. Here's another just posted yesterday that is if you like Gravely:wink:

Gravely Stand Up Mower - $2900

00h0h_fdQloDCGQeS_600x450.jpg

Gravely stand up mowers. Low hours. Great condition. Ready to use, great for lawn service. Works well for tight spaces.

Call Oren for more details or to see mower.
813-541-8613

Yeah, seriously though......I bought an entry-level commercial as "my last mower", but I am 60+ years old. Don't you agree(whether new or used) that a < $5k ZTR bought at age 43 is asking a lot to be your "last mower"???