Which battery charger?

DJGodders

Threads
Hi.
I am a total novice with any kind of servicing but would like to start looking after my ride on mower.
I recently bought a Yard Man HE4160 which doesn't charge the battery (any suggestions on this would be welcomed!!) for some reason (it had a 12v 7ah battery on it) which has now given up. I've just ordered a12v 18ah battery which says to charge at 2amps. The charger I have is for 15 to 24ah but is 6v. Will this be ok or do I need a new charger?

Thanks in advance for any help.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi.
I am a total novice with any kind of servicing but would like to start looking after my ride on mower.
I recently bought a Yard Man HE4160 which doesn't charge the battery (any suggestions on this would be welcomed!!) for some reason (it had a 12v 7ah battery on it) which has now given up. I've just ordered a12v 18ah battery which says to charge at 2amps. The charger I have is for 15 to 24ah but is 6v. Will this be ok or do I need a new charger?

Thanks in advance for any help.

No you can't charge a 12volt battery with 6volt charger (well shouldn't be able to) you charge with 12volts at 2A for 9 hours, or you can fast charge at 4A for 4 1/2 hours, but you better to give battery the 2A charge its best for battery.

DJGodders

Threads
Thanks for that. Will do temporarily until I get a new charger.