316 John deere service manual

morelockcj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Joe, I am also looking for a service manual for a kohler 316 and have been unable to find one online. If you could please email me one at morelockcj@gmail.com it would be greatly appericated.

Thanks

dcolvin57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I received the manual - thanks Joe! My John Deere 316 hydraulics just stopped working. It was working when I was driving the tractor and then I shut it off for a bit and when I started it back up it would not move. After taking it apart it looks like a pin or screw is missing or broke off of the drive shaft by hydraulic couplings. The manual says it is a spring pin. However it looks like it has threads in the hole and it does not go all the way thru the hole. Not sure if what is left is a broken pin that just needs to be pounded out or what?JD316 Drive Shaft.jpg any help or advice is appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think you are going to have more problems. The part I circled in red should be splined and the part that holds it that you think is a spring pin only stops the shaft from sliding off. I would start by first removing the PTO shaft I circled in green. From there turn the PTO shaft to see if you have a hole on the other side. If you do then you will need to drive out the spring pin and remove the part circled in red and see if the splines are intact.

dcolvin57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think you are going to have more problems. The part I circled in red should be splined and the part that holds it that you think is a spring pin only stops the shaft from sliding off. I would start by first removing the PTO shaft I circled in green. From there turn the PTO shaft to see if you have a hole on the other side. If you do then you will need to drive out the spring pin and remove the part circled in red and see if the splines are intact.

thanks for the reply. come to find out my has a superseded part that has two threaded inserts that holds the shaft in place. I had one left that was worn. I bought two new ones and put them both in and I was good to go!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
thanks for the reply. come to find out my has a superseded part that has two threaded inserts that holds the shaft in place. I had one left that was worn. I bought two new ones and put them both in and I was good to go!

I am glad I was wrong and that you figured it out.

green dream

Threads
do you have a repair manual for a 111, so far they have been hard to find.