Electric Key Switches, wiring,Solenoid

DGrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Old Country Boy from Texas, I have a 2002 Dixie Chopper, used it for years. Problem, I thought it was the switch, bought a new one ,wasen't the problem.. It was the solenoid, they sold me this one, 892-1251-210 Trombetta 12v int. It has 4 Post, two big ones and two small ones. Now, I have the wires all missed up, can't start with key anymore, i can short across the solenoid and it will start. Here's what I did:

Not having trouble with the big wire's, but here's what I did with the small wire's:
From the switch, post B, Black wire with fuse going to the big post
From the switch, Post S, Blue wire going to the small post on the solenoid
From the switch, Post L, Red wire going to the small post on the solenoid
From the switch in the wiring horness there are two plug in's going to the seat, but I don't use these, they turn off the tractor when you get off the seat, unplugged them..
Now, I have one Red wire left over coming from the switch,i have put it on both small post on the solenoid and nothing happens. I only had three main wires coming from the switch going to the solenoid, two small Red wires and one Blue wire. The black wire with the fuse goes to the big post. I ever had all this junk marked, don't get old, you CRS,See Ya

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why did you start replacing switches?? What makes you sure that the old solenoid was bad?

Did your trouble start when you started unplugging unnecessary seat wires?

Post your model name/number, and more backround history.

DGrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Never mind, I'll figure it out...See Ya

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey man I don't know if this will help or not.
If it don't give me your model number and I will get you what you need
image-2219674484.png

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:

Maybe a little too late.

The real danger about swapping switches without knowing what you are doing, is that the are wired differently, and putting the wrong keyswitch on a mower can instantly burn up very expensive ignition coils, so running to NAPA and slapping on a keyswitch that they sold you is/may be a bad idea.