blown fuse when engaging blades

zero

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wonder if anyone out there has had this problem , when I engage the blades I blow a fuse almost immediately .I have checked the wireing harness from front to back can not find any bare or chafed wires,any suggestions would be extremely helpful,Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds like a short in the PTO system. Seeing how it is blowing the fuse right off it is one of them easy shorts to find. You start at one end of the system and work to the other end till it doesn't blow the fuse anymore. Like any electrical problem its something you need to look for.

zero

Forum Newbie
Threads
checked all wires again,unpluged clutch this time pulled switch to engage blades and blown fuse ,starting to think it might be switch, any suggestions

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
checked all wires again,unpluged clutch this time pulled switch to engage blades and blown fuse ,starting to think it might be switch, any suggestions

electric can be problems and I can't see someone giving you a answer off a forum as to what it is. Yes it can be a switch with a short in it but not very likely. Disconnect the wires from the switch and see if the short goes away? You having a direct short is one of the easier shorts to find. I find no two electrical problems are alike.