Briggs and Stratton V twin electric info needed

wmg2

Threads
I recently bought a 14hp V twin Briggs engine that originally came out of a Cub Cadet, model unknown, and I am putting it into my Snapper rear rider, more work than I thought it was going to be but love the challenge. The model# of the Briggs is 294777, type 0035-01. I need to know what the wires are for that stick out of this engine so I can make the proper connections for the new install.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you say "stick out of this engine" do you mean the yellow one's from under the flywheel..?

wmg2

Threads
The wiring of any briggs is determined by the size Alt/magnets/regulator.

So you need to describe the regulator, color of wires, etc.

Here is a chart.

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/9860338.png

Fish thanks for the info. Tried to print out but only got the left side of the page any ideas how to do this. Can do it off the computer screen but not handy when in my shop

wmg2

Threads
When you say "stick out of this engine" do you mean the yellow one's from under the flywheel..?

I will take a picture later this morning and see if I can figure out how to post it and show what I mean

wmg2

Threads

Trying to upload picture hope it comes through, need to know which of these wires is for.

Attachments

• IMG_00000065.jpg
    IMG_00000065.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 23

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the info. Going from a single cyl. B&S to this engine what wire would be hooked up to the anti after fire solenoid?

You will need to connect to a wire that is hot when the key is on and in the crank position, and not hot when the key is off, or you could just dis-able the solenoid.