synthetic motor oil

PVHIII

Threads
Need some input on using synthetic oil in my Hustler Fastrak SD..my dealer said it would void the warranty on the engine if it started burning oil...I've always ran Casteroil Edge Synthetic in every engine I own and would like to continue to do so and I'm having a hard time believing it would void my engine warranty

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need some input on using synthetic oil in my Hustler Fastrak SD..my dealer said it would void the warranty on the engine if it started burning oil...I've always ran Casteroil Edge Synthetic in every engine I own and would like to continue to do so and I'm having a hard time believing it would void my engine warranty

I'd go with what the manual and the manufacturer says to run. Most all the manufacturers call for a detergent oil of SG, SH, SJ or SL for oil type, not a synthetic. I don't think I've ever seen a manual that recommended synthetic oil for a mower.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Any dealer I ever worked for I never heard of such a thing not to use synthetic oil. I am also going to say if your mower starts using oil under warranty it not a oil problem but a mechanical problem as long as you do as your owners manual tells to do for oil types and oil changes.

PVHIII

Threads
Any dealer I ever worked for I never heard of such a thing not to use synthetic oil. I am also going to say if your mower starts using oil under warranty it not a oil problem but a mechanical problem as long as you do as your owners manual tells to do for oil types and oil changes.

May I ask what oil you use in your mower..and I appreciate your input... were you a small engine mechanic

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Amsoil 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and marine oil 100% synthetic 750 hrs on a 22 HP Kohler.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use Mobil 5000 10w30 I've got right at 700hrs on my 22hp Kohler on my Z-Force ZTR. I use it in all my engines, $2.80 a qt.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use castrol edge 10w-30 in my cub 19hp kohler
Over 600 hours. And still have not needed to adjust my valves. Yes I do check them. Was changing oil every 50 hours now change it every two weeks so about 80 hours.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))