17 HP B&S I/C Intek Swapout

Brian Stovall

Forum Newbie
Threads
History: Purchased a newer Snapper with a 16hp Tecumseh engine. I purchased it for a song, brought it home & cleaned the carb, & it started on the first try!! I was off to cut grass! Cut for about an hour, brought it back to the house, flipped it up & blew the dust out with MY air line in preparation for the next cutting. The next day it would not start to save your life? I started checking into it, & discovered that one of the valve seals had popped out of the Head. I peened around the perimeter & got the valves to seal well enough to run. Today I ran across a much higher grade engine in a 17 HP B&S I/C, however it comes with it's own issues. The plastic elbo where the gas enters the into the carburetor has been broken off & someone tried to pull the brass piece out and has the entire fitting pretty mangled up. Does any one out there know how to remove the brass piece so I can get underway making the few necessary repairs to bring it back to a functional piece of equipment? Thanks for any insight you can spare!

Thanks
BRIAN Stovall